Vocational education is a special learning course apart from normal studies, which aims to provide a better concept of learning to the students. It includes courses in various fields like healthcare, graphic, web designing, cinematography, electrician, artesian, computer programming, etc. It basically helps in making students learn things with a proper practical approach and training. It benefits the students by making them skilled and ready for jobs.
Short and Long Essays on Vocational Education in English
I hope these essays here will help you to better understand everything about Vocational Education.
Vocational Education Essay 10 Lines (100 - 150 Words)
1) The education that aims to prepare students for jobs is termed as vocational education.
2) Vocational education provides more practical knowledge to the students.
3) It is also referred to as career-oriented technical education.
4) Vocational education helps students in opening more job opportunities.
5) Beautician, technicians, animation, etc are some examples of vocational education.
6) Vocational education is offered by many universities with fees less than academic education.
7) People of any age group can attain vocational knowledge.
8) Vocational knowledge is less successful due to a lack of awareness.
9) Vocational knowledge encourages entrepreneurship.
10) Government should promote vocational education to reduce unemployment.
Essay 1 (250 Words) - Vocational Education
Vocational education can be called education which is job-oriented. Generally, we see that a person is completing the academic education and after the completion, search or opt for some job opportunities. Academic education is providing with a vast background of study which is theoretical and concept-based. Vocational education provides us with a more practical aspect for any of the vocational courses.
How Vocational Education helps us
Vocational education helps the student to become skilled in any discipline by learning and training process. There are many Universities offering various vocational courses. These courses help in the skill development of the student and make them ready for the jobs. We have often seen that many of the students are not willing to choose academic courses and thus vocational courses are helping them to escape from the vast academic course. They can learn the techniques and become trained in the field in which they desire to work.
Vocational education provides the nation with skilled manpower. Vocational education can be attained by a person at any age. The course fee is also less as compared to the academic or professional course. This provides a chance for the students to develop themselves in the fields which they are fond of. Secondly, they get a chance of improving their skills and get hired by different industries.
The vocational education courses must be emphasized by the government so that students can go for these courses and further build up their careers. Vocational education helps the country’s economy to boost up as it provides skilled manpower.
Essay 3 (400 Words) - Vocational Education: Need and Challenges
Vocational education is designed to make the students ready for jobs. It can also be called career education. It basically focuses on the skill development and practical aspect of any discipline.
The need for Vocational Education
Vocational education makes a student ready for a job or we can say it helps in producing skilled people. It is seen that many of the students go through a financial crisis and they need to earn for the survival of their family. The academic courses are having a vast curriculum as also do not favor skill development and a larger practical approach. And the vocational courses provide better skill development in the required field and make them eligible for jobs.
The students who are not interested in doing the academic programs are compelled to study and for degrees in the colleges and complete the academic course. These students instead of just blocking the seats or studying without any interest can opt for vocational programs. They can join the course of their interest. The maximum qualification for doing vocational courses is either ten or ten plus two. These courses provide us with a certificate or diploma degree.
Vocational education helps us in learning new skills or improves our skills. In this era when there are limited job opportunities. The industries and firms require a skilled or trained candidate. These courses help us in getting jobs.
Challenges of Vocational Education in India
- Many of the students are not able to get the proper information about the vocational courses and therefore they have to opt for academic education.
- The government is also paying less attention to promoting the importance of vocational courses.
- The financial help and funds are not sufficient to make these courses to run successfully, as these courses require the use of machinery and technology.
- The teachers involved in these courses either are not having proper resources to teach the students or are not knowledgeable.
- The universities and colleges offering these courses are not having proper practice and training facilities. The students without any practical knowledge cannot work in any industry.
- The tools and techniques need to be updated with the development of technology. It will be of no use if the old concept is taught.
Vocational education has become important. It helps people to make their careers in the field in which they are interested along with getting a way to earn their living.
Essay 3 (500 - 600 Words) - Vocational Education versus Academic Education and Its Benefits
As we all know that our country is a developing country the development of which depends upon its people. So, vocational education is one of the helping aids in its development. Vocational education courses play an important role in making students become skilled and get employed. It lays an emphasis on the practical aspect of the relevant course or field. It includes various streams like art and craft, electrician, trade, technology, etc.
Vocational Education versus Academic Education
In our country India, there is a concept of academic education which is prevailing for years. Academic education offers vast course syllabi and theoretical concepts. Practical learning is only in laboratories and internships. The academic course requires a longer time to be completed and involves a higher expenditure of money. The students after completion of the course are awarded a degree. There are many of the students who graduated and post-graduated each year, but they cannot get jobs easily and remain unemployed as they lack in skill.
The vocational education courses are helping us in developing our skills by providing us with a practical approach to the course. They help in the process of learning by providing training and workshops related to the course. This helps the student to develop the required skill and have prior experience of the work. Therefore the skilled students are easily hired by different industries and are employed.
Benefits of Vocational Education
- Vocational education courses can be completed in a short period of time. The person receives a certificate or diploma degree after the completion of the course.
- These courses can be done at any age, and with less expenditure of money. There are many courses, out of which some are full time and some are part-time courses.
- Vocational education is connected with the practical approach to the subject. It provides the student to apply the concept to real work functioning. The students opting for vocational education and training are hired easily by the recruiters as they have practical skills in a particular field.
- There are many courses under vocational education that can be completed online or by distance learning.
- There is a high demand for skilled professionals in the market. The students who have opted for these courses are employed by the industries as they are skilled.
- Vocational education courses are a job providing courses as they help in producing skilled manpower. This helps in contributing to the economic development of the country.
- Vocational education courses can be done only after completing 10th or 12th standards.
- Vocational education also helps students to start their own business, after they are acquired the skill of entrepreneurship. They can start their business independently.
Towards a New Era for Vocational Education in India
The former HRD minister Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed addressed that, getting jobs as a student requires becoming skilled. The skilled population in India accounts for only 25% of the whole. As the development of the country is increasing day by day, so these courses will become the need of the time.
The New education policy has introduced many vocational courses like artificial intelligence, tourism, information technology, mass media, etc. These courses will be introduced from this year only and will be applicable from the 6-9th class. According to CBSE, these skills will lead to developing the creative and reasoning skills in the students. Thus these courses will make them work globally.
CBSE has started three courses – Design Thinking, Physical Activity Trainer, and Artificial Intelligence which will be implemented for class 11th students in 2020-21.
CBSE has 40 vocational courses which had been since 2014. For strengthening the vocational education and with a strong determination to provide benefit to each and every student; many of the courses have been introduced with the partnership of various companies like Rolta India Limited, NIFT, WWI, NHMIT, etc from which students will be benefited with these strategies as they get a proper platform for training and carrier development.
Vocational education courses must be encouraged in our country. There are many sectors that have a requirement for skilled professionals, but unfortunately, the skilled and trained professionals are few in number. This creates a misbalance in demand and availability of the industries for skilled manpower. Vocational education is an urgent need today as it can help in solving the issue of reduced skilled manpower.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Charles Allen is regarded as the father of vocational education.
Ans. Vocational education helps us in better learning and prepares us for getting good job opportunities.
Ans. There are a total of 40 vocational courses.
Ans. The duration of vocational courses is from two months to two years depending upon the course.
Ans. Vocational education started in India in 1956.