Have you ever wondered what will happen when we lack fuel? Almost everything we use depends on fuel in one or another way. How could we cover long distances? Fuel is the necessity of transportation. The food we are eating is prepared with the help of fuel. However, we can’t imagine our life without food.
Fuels are the main requirement of our life. Just like our body needs fuel in the form of food to work daily, similarly many technologies require fuel to make our life easy.
Let us consider this essay on “Save Fuel for Better Environment” to know the importance of fuels and how we can make efforts to save them.
10 Lines Essay on Save Fuel
1) Some fuels are limited on Earth and hence need to be saved.
2) Prefer walking and cycling for short distances would help to save fuel and the environment.
3) Opting for public transport is a better choice than going individually by personal vehicles.
4) Using solar panels in street lights will help to save energy to a great extent.
5) You can save fuel at home by saving electricity.
6) Saving fuel is also necessary to save the environment.
7) Relying on biofuels will also help in saving fuel.
8) Replacing CFLs with energy-efficient bulbs at home.
9) Various campaigns like ‘Saksham’ were launched to save fuel.
10) Try to reduce the overloading of vehicles to reduce the consumption of fuel.
Long Essay on Save Fuel in English
Here, I’m presenting a long essay on Save Fuel. It will be helpful for students of classes 1 to 8 to know the importance of fuels in our life.
1200 Words Essay : Save Fuel for Better Environment
Fuel is a substance that can be burnt to produce some type of energy. The first fuel used by humans was wood. The energy generated by burning these fuels helps to carry out various work. Earlier, woods are burnt for cooking purposes, coal was used to run trains and other locomotives, carry out industrial processes, glow street lights, generate electricity, etc.
Fuels can be fossil fuels or biofuels. Fossil fuels are formed from the dead remains of plants and animals. They take millions of years in their formation. And hence they are considered non-renewable resources. Coal, petroleum, and natural gas are some examples of fossil fuels. However, fossil fuels produce a large amount of carbon during combustion which is harmful to our environment. Carbon is the major contributor to the greenhouse effect and global warming.
On the other hand, biofuels are the fuels generated from plant and animal wastes. They are environmentally friendly. We should focus to shift our usage of non-renewable resources to biofuels.
Types Of Fuel
Fuels can be present in different forms. According to their state of presence, they are categorized as solid fuel, liquid fuel, and fuel gas.
- Solid Fuel: The type of fuel which is present in solid form and can produce energy through combustion. It means solid fuels can be burnt to produce energy. Some common examples of solid fuels are dunk, wood, charcoal, etc. Solid fuels are mainly used for household activities like cooking.
- Liquid Fuel: Fuels are also present in the liquid form known as liquid fuel. Most of the liquid fuels are fossil fuels. Some liquid fuels are kerosene, diesel, petroleum, etc. They usually generate kinetic energy. These types of fuels are easy to use and transport.
- Fuel Gas: The fuels that are present in gaseous form are termed as Fuel gas. Natural gas is one of the most common fuel gases used today. The fuel gas mostly contains propane, methane, carbon monoxide, etc.
The transportation field is responsible for the highest fuel consumption. Today everyone has vehicles in their house.
Nowadays, people do not prefer walking or riding a bicycle. They feel it as a sign of inferiority. Everyone wants to show off their luxurious life. They believe that having a luxurious and expensive car at their doorstep is one of the signs of a good life. But they forget about the harmful effects of unnecessarily wasting fuels.
According to a survey, about 15 million metric tons of fossil fuel is consumed every year.
Fuel Conservation Campaign
In India, under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, an organization PCRA (Petroleum Conservation Research Association) was established in 1978. It is responsible for generating awareness among people regarding saving fuel.
The PCRA conducted a month-long save fuel campaign by the name ‘SAKSHAM’ on 16 Jan 2020. The campaign SAKSHAM stands for Sanrakshan Kshamata Mahotsava. The main aim of this campaign was to encourage save fuel techniques.
This program was supported on a large scale by popular gas distribution companies like GAIL (Gas Authority of India Limited), BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited), HPCL (Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited), IOC (Indian Oil Corporation), etc.
The Consequence Of Fuel Loss/ Why Should We Save Fuel
We are living at present, and we don’t bother about the future. Everybody talks to save fuel, save energy but in reality, nobody takes a single step towards saving the future. People organize rallies on vehicles which is directly wasting fuel, but the irony is that they do so just to encourage the public to save fuels. The selfishness of humans will cost them an amount that will be very difficult to repay.
One of the main reasons behind saving fuels is that many resources are non-renewable and we are fully dependent on them for our survival. People are using them as if they are unlimited. Therefore, measures should be taken to control the usage of resources that are limited on the Earth.
However, apart from ending soon the burning of various fuels especially fossil fuels produce harmful gases like carbon monoxide and other greenhouse gases. They are directly responsible for increasing the Earth’s temperature. If not taken seriously, the effect of global warming is not far away. We all are well aware of the difficulties we could face due to global warming. These harmful gases will be responsible for acidifying the oceans. The aquatic species will also be harmed. It could raise various respiratory issues in humans.
Therefore, to save the environment and to save our lives, it is very important to try every possible step to save fuel.
How To Save Fuel/ Strategies To Save Fuel
Most of the fuel is consumed by vehicles. Today at outside, we can see vehicles more than people. Therefore, we should take some preventive steps to control the fuel efficiency in vehicles. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Quality Product In Cars: One should prefer quality products (spare parts) for vehicles like cars. Quality products will reduce the unnecessary requirement of fuel.
- Promote Carpooling: Carpooling refers to sharing a car when going to the same route. It is a good idea which will save fuel as well as money.
- Limit The Usage Of Air Conditioners: In cars, air conditioners also consume fuel. Therefore, using it unnecessarily is the wastage of fuel. You can limit the use of air conditioners by opening the window wherever possible.
- Off When Idle: One should always off the vehicle when not in use. For example, during the traffic. You can save at least a few drops of fuel by doing this.
- Don’t Overload: Overloading of the vehicles decrease their mileage. Therefore, try to keep your vehicle as light as possible.
- Clean Air Filters: Proper maintenance of your vehicle is very important for your safety as well as helps in saving fuel. Cleaning air filters will also be a good and helpful step.
Save Fuel At Home
Another area which is responsible for wasting fuel is our home. We used to waste a huge amount of fuel in our day-to-day life either directly or indirectly. Saving fuel is in our hands, therefore proper steps should be taken at an individual level to reduce its wastage. We can follow the below given points to save fuel.
- Prefer Bicycle And Walking: One should always prefer a bicycle over other fuel-efficient vehicles. However, short distances should be covered through walking. Walking and riding bicycles are environmentally friendly and also friendly to our health.
- Save Electricity: We can save electricity in many ways. Always switch off the lights, fans, and other electric appliances when not in use. These will not only save electricity but will also save your electric bill. Replacing bulbs and tube lights with modern less power-consuming LEDs will be a smarter step.
- In The Kitchen: In the kitchen, one should use a small container while cooking because a large container takes time to heat. Always keep the container close, it will help to consume less energy. Using a solar cooker is the best way to save energy.
- Opting For Public Transport: Instead of using personal vehicles, people should opt for public transport. It will help many people can travel by wasting less fuel.
The next generation also has the right to enjoy the things which are gifted by the nature. The way we are using these limited resources today, surely the future generation will suffer a great loss. Saving fuel and other natural resources from today will help us to constitute a better future.
We all have heard about sustainable resources; it means using the resources in such a way that they can be saved for the future. Therefore, using resources sustainably will be a good option to save resources and save the environment.
I hope the above given essay on Save Fuel will be helpful for you to understand this topic easily.
Read also :
- Essay on Central Vigilance Commission
- Speech on Growing Pollution in Rivers
- Essay on The Era of Digitalization
- Essay on Cryptocurrency and Issues
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Save Fuel
Ans. Crude Oil is the most widely used fossil fuel in the world.
Ans. China and United States are the highest consumer of fuel in the world.
Ans. In India, coal is the main source of energy.
Ans. North East India is considered as the powerhouse of India.