Every district and villages almost have a railway station nearby. The railway station has its own relevance. There are many platforms at the railway station. Stations are characterized by the movement of passenger trains and goods trains including rush. Different trains come from all parts of India and stop at the railway stations to provide facilities for passengers to move from one place to another.
People from different sections of society with different designations are there but on a railway station, every one of them has a common motive either arrival or departure or receive someone or working over that place. Therefore the railway station is a place with its own operating world.
Short and Long Essays on Railway Station in English
Here are well-described essays of 100 – 150 Words, 250 Words, 500 Words and 600 Words limit on this topic for you:
Railway Station Essay 10 Lines (100 – 150 Words)
1) The place where trains stop to carry passengers and goods is called a railway station.
2) People can catch their respective trains from the railway stations.
3) Railway station is full of passengers, workers, hawkers, and shopkeepers.
4) Train tickets are booked at the railway station.
5) There are waiting halls in railway stations where passengers can wait.
6) In a railway station, there are different platforms where the scheduled train stops.
7) Railway station is full of noise and hustles.
8) In a railway station, you can hear the continuous announcements for different trains.
9) People can find coolie, TC (Ticket Collector), and railway police all around the railway station.
10) Many railway stations are now electrified in India.
Essay 1 (250 Words) – Liveliness at the Railway Stations
Railway stations are basically the places where the trains make halts, load, and unload passengers and goods. It can be generalized as a small waiting place where people are waiting for their concerned trains for departure or arrival. Usually, these places do contain small shops, benches, and waiting rooms too. As the word “railway station” comes to our mind, the picture arises of a place with continuous train whistles, announcements, and chaos all around.
Liveliness at the Railway Stations
These places are full of different kinds of people. Vendors and hawkers are observed shouting, selling different items to eat and use. Railway stations are important places, it provides people with their convenience to move from one place to others as well as expect guests too. There are ticket counters, to book the tickets for particular destinations.
A bookstall is mostly found on the stations, as many people are fond of reading during their journey. Railway stations are also equipped with the offices of station master and inquiry. They are provided with a police station too for monitoring over the criminal activities. They are called the railway police.
As the railway station is provided with the passage tracks and halt facilities for different trains, people reach over there for traveling to either destination. Some of them arrive at their destination. Therefore it is a place where emotional sentiments arise too. Some of the moments are seen in which the loved ones are departing from their families or close ones. On the other hand, people are also waiting and happy for the arrival of their close ones or family members.
Essay 2 (400 Words) – Railway station: Facilities and Advancements
The railway station is the place where the movement of people is seen throughout the day. Obviously, it is the place for the trains to make halts. Therefore we can see the public and chaos all-around 24 hours of the day.
Facilities on the Railway Station
The facilities on the railway station depend upon its location. If it is a small station, it would be containing a few basic amenities like small tea stall, benches, washrooms, and ticket counter. But the larger railway station provides many amenities like toilets, ATM machines, restaurants, different food stalls, and many more. Larger railway stations are few in numbers. People get benefitted from the existence of railway stations. Lacs of people travel every day, tonnes of goods are loaded and unloaded every day by the trains. The railway stations provide people a place to wait for their scheduled train.
Advancements in Services of Railway Stations moving towards Digitalization
Railway stations are the places meant for adhering various facilities to the passengers regarding the traveling criteria. The present conditions and services have improved a lot from the earlier condition. The Indian railways are trying its level best to accommodate different technologies in order to make the travel for the passengers’ convenient one and thus moving towards digitalization.
The continuous improvement in the services, by technological advancements, is making the travel safer, convenient, and environment friendly to the passengers.
- The ticketing system has changed to an online medium, now the tickets can be booked easily by the online mode at any place.
- Information about the current status of the trains, the time of arrival and departure is now easily available on the larger screens on the stations.
- The ticket machines have been installed on the stations.
- Each and every kind of food ordering services is applicable online, fostering to cashless transactions.
- Most of the stations are equipped with bio-toilets.
- Vande Bharat an engineless train has been a major achievement for the Indian railways.
- Railway stations are well equipped with amenities like CCTV cameras, Wi-Fi, as well as various security measures.
- Coming on to the current situation, when the whole world is struck up by pandemic (COVID-19), the facilities have been improvised on the railway stations for the passengers. Different automatic sanitization machines have been installed, testing facilities, masks, and other safety services have been ensured digitally.
The railway stations are places with a lot of rush. Here the scenario is very different. People keep on moving day and night. Either they are traveling to some of the destinations or arriving at their destination. Goods are also being transported and loaded or unloaded. Overall it is an important place that provides for the fulfillment of basic needs and activities.
Essay 3 (500 – 600 Words) – Railway station: Equipped with Solar Power and Artificial Intelligence
A railway station is a place where different trains arrive and depart and so the passengers and goods. The journey of a passenger starts from a railway station and also ends on the railway station, thus station becoming mandatory for traveling with trains. There are many tracks which are the routes to different trains. The station is made at a little elevation with the tracks.
Essential Amenities at the Railway Stations
The place is equipped up with several amenities like food and tea stalls, toilets, ticket counters, etc. This proves to be beneficial facilities to the people waiting or arriving over there during the halts. Many of the passengers board their respective trains from here to reach their destination. Overall this place is full of hustle and bustle all around. The scenario is also a pleasing one. People from different regions can be seen here. There is also a waiting room for different classes on many of the railway stations. People are busy with their heavy goods and luggage, heading towards the platform. Security services along with railway police are also there to check the criminal activities.
Scenario of the Railway Station
Since I never had been to travel by train, therefore it’s my first experience, traveling to Lucknow. When we reached our respective railway station, I saw a lot of vehicles like two and four-wheelers, auto-rickshaw parked outside the station. The cab, auto, and rickshaw pullers were busy carrying and picking up the passengers.
We also came through a number of beggars sitting outside the station and begging. As our tickets were already booked so we did not step to the ticket window. But I would like to mention that as soon as one enters the station, there is a ticket window where people are in a queue trying to get the tickets for their different designations. There were men, women, and children all around. Almost all age groups people can be found out there. The places on the railway station meant to sit were fully occupied. Some passengers were lying down whereas some were sitting on the floor itself.
Vendors – There were many vendors selling different small things along with several fruits and food items. They were shouting and selling, so that they may be able to sell a major part of their stock.
Platform Scene – As soon as we entered the platform area, there was a lot of rush all around, as one of the trains has arrived. Some passengers were in hurry to board the train and some were rushing outside to board for taxi and auto-rickshaw. There were porters helping the passengers to lift up the luggage.
Our train arrived on its respective platform; we managed to get inside the train and searched for our seats. Once we located the same, we got seated over there and it was time to leave the station. But it was my first and one of the beautiful experiences.
Privatization of Railways either Good or Bad
- The privatization of railways will provide the railway to the private companies, as a result of their proper work and orientation, the infrastructure and other services will be improved.
- The station will be prone to better cleanliness.
- Passengers will be provided with extra facilities and security.
- As the infrastructure will be improved, it will enable the trains to arrive on time.
- After privatization, government jobs in railways will come to an end, as private parties believe in making more money by employing lesser people.
- The increased fare would be difficult for a common man and poor man to bear.
- The government trains might delays for longer periods because private trains would get signals earlier.
Railway Stations are Now Fully Electrified by Utilizing Solar Power
Currently, more than 900 railway stations across the country have been fully electrified. The same is done by using solar power. It is a successful step towards sustainability too and will surely help in meeting goal 9 of the Sustainable Development Goal. The carbon footprint will be decreased by the same. The station of Varanasi and Delhi are examples of these innovations.
The Introduction of Captain Arjun Robot on Railway Station – Feature of Artificial Intelligence
This has been launched by the RPF (Railway Protection Force), for the purpose of security and scrutiny. It will also be involved in checking the passengers to board the trains, and at the same time monitor the terrorist activities too.
It was my first experience traveling via train but was a beautiful one. The guard blew the whistle and the train moved on leaving the station away. It can be said that railway stations are important to place where different activities are performed on daily basis. People make themselves comfortable during travel due to these stations.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Habibganj railway station in Bhopal is the first private railway station in India.
Ans. The first food truck has been launched by Indian Railways at Pune railway station.
Ans. ‘Lifeline of the country’ is the slogan of the Indian Railways.
Ans. Gorakhpur railway station has the world’s longest railway platform in India.
Ans. The online ticket booking was started by Indian railway on 3rd August 2002.