Favourite animals are ones, whom we like a lot. They are ones, whose activities appearance and characteristics admire us. We love thinking and talking about them. I think almost everyone is having their own choices. Each of us has a desire to make our favourite animals as pets so that they remain close to us.
Short and Long Essays on My Favourite Animal in English
Find here some essays to get help in your school assignments.
My Favourite Animal Essay 10 Lines (100 – 150 Words)
1) Although I love every animal but horse is my favorite.
2) Horse is a tall and strong animal.
3) Horses are brave and loyal.
4) I love horses because they give me rides on their back.
5) The different colors of the horse make them attractive.
6) Horse is my favorite animal because they get friendlier quickly.
7) Horse is an herbivores animal and I love feeding them grass.
8) Horse is a domestic and useful animal.
9) Horses are capable of carrying heavy loads.
10) Horses are very powerful, in ancient times they were used in battles.
Essay 1 (250 Words) – My Favourite Animal: Dog
My favourite animal, as the topic strikes, a picture of our favourite animal comes to our mind. My favourite animal is a dog. Dogs are very funny, sensible, and loyal creatures. Mostly we find pets in form of dogs and that too of different breed and varieties. I have a great passion and love for dogs. I find them to be the most loyal creature.
Few Characteristics of Dogs
As a dog lover, I am enlisting here a few characters of a dog:
- They have a very friendly attitude. Generally, they wag their tails when are happy but not always.
- They have a feeling of jealousy. When my sister gets closer to me, my pet dog starts barking.
- They can easily sense the danger and try to convey the same by running here and there.
- When they are left alone they usually make a loud noise and become angry.
- The most fascinating character is they are very faithful and loyal. They really need the presence; it is shown up when they lick after I arrived home.
- They can easily come to know when we feel sad, and even they try to do something so that our mood is consoled.
A dog is my favourite animal and can easily be kept as our pets. They are sensible for us and therefore we too should have a caring attitude for them.
Essay 2 (400 Words) – My Favourite Animal is a Dog
My favourite animal is a dog. Most of the people have a love for dogs and therefore we can see dogs kept as a pet animal in most of the houses. Dogs have proved their faithful attitude towards man. It can be observed from ancient times. Even the early men used to tame dogs. In villages, we can see dogs living like a family with the people over there.
Dogs are creatures with four legs, two eyes, two ears, one nose and one tail. They are of various shape and sizes; they have both flesh-eating and normal food eating teeth. There are many of the varieties of dogs like Doberman, German shepherd, Labrador, golden retriever etc. There are some of the breeds possessing good intelligence and smartness. They are used by our crime branch for the detection of crimes and situations. Dogs generally are of various colours, brown, black, spotted, golden etc.
One of the fascinating behaviour about dogs I have noted down is that they won’t harm the small children ever, instead, they love them unconditionally. They even protect them from any kind of harm. Dogs are our good friends and help to erode our loneliness. They understand our pain and grief. They are perfect guards and friends. They are good learners, as they come to learn a lot when trained and do the action and work in the same way.
Meal of Dogs
Generally, dogs eat bread, fish, meat, bones, and different organs. But can also eat milk, vegetables and rice. They should be fed with proper diet if domesticated.
Faithful Nature of a Dog
The dog is said to be a very fascinating and faithful animal. They have love and loyalty for their owner. I would like to quote an example of the same. In my neighbourhood, there was a pet dog with a nickname Julie, of Pomeranian breed. There was a robbery 6 months ago in my neighbour’s house and the dog came to sense the same, as a result, it started barking to make the family members aware, tried its level best.
But unfortunately was injured badly. It was very brave that even after getting injured, did not lose its hope and it was said that it fought till the robbers left the house and next day the news was there in the newspaper for the same. Even man could not be standing for anybody, in the way a dog did.
I do have a love for dogs, but it won’t mean that I love only the pet dogs. I do have love and care for the road and street dogs. We should care for the animals nearby as they cannot speak and express their hunger or pain. Hence, we should have love and affection as well as responsibility towards the animals in our surrounding as they play a major role.
Essay 3 (500 – 600 Words) – My Favourite Animal: Elephant
My favourite animal is an elephant. I am basically fond of elephants. They appear to me as the most friendly creature of this earth. As soon as the picture of elephant comes to my mind I start feeling like some divine creature filled with immense attractive nature. They are very playful, often seen enjoying with water by splashing it over one another especially the baby elephants. I find elephants as the most fascinating animal on earth and at the same time also express my fear for their drastic reduction in their numbers.
About Elephants – An overview
- The elephant is one largest mammal of land with a lifespan of 70 years.
- The elephant has two eyes, two long ears, massive body, long trunk, and tail.
- Elephants require a large amount to food to eat due to their heavyweight.
- Elephants are one of the social animals on earth. They are accompanying man from ancestral times.
- They are good at showing as well as understanding grief, joy and other emotions.
- Elephants move in herds, their herds are directed by a senior and experienced member of the group.
- They have a lot of care and affection for their young ones; the baby elephants are very cute and adorable.
- The elephants live their life as a family, constituting up of all their family members. Their group contains grandmother, sister and mother elephants. Also, they bury their family members when they die.
- Elephants do care for their family member when they are alive as well as after death too. They mourn and shed tears on the death of their family members.
- No attack on them is possible by any predator.
- They are subject to royalty as well as enjoyment too; many of the daily soap had casted elephants.
Elephants at Risk of Extinction
The elephants are facing a drastic decrease in their number, due to several factors:
- Illegal hunting and poaching activities practised are one of the major causes. As the tusk of an elephant is of high market value and used in making of several precious items. The elephants have to pay the price of their tusks by losing their lives. The process of taking out tusk is really a crucial one. They are also hunted for obtaining meat and skin.
- The expansion in human settlements is resulting in reducing the number of the living species of the elephants, the shelter and food facilities are destructed. They require large space along with more food, thus if the same is not available will move these elephants towards extinction.
- Elephants are also affected by various infections and disease, thus often die earlier to their supposed death.
- According to Hindu mythology, elephants are considered to be the sign of lord Ganesha and are subject to worship, and on other hand are killed for enjoyment or obtaining meat, skin, and tusk.
An Incident of Kerala – Related to Elephant’s Death
The inhuman nature of man was revealed on 5 June 2020, when we came to hear about the death of an elephant due to consumption of a pineapple filled with explosive. The elephant was pregnant. It came to the village in search of some food and ate the pineapple given by some people of the village itself. The animal had faith in humans, so ate the fruit, but the pineapple was filled up with explosive and burnt up the whole intestinal and digestive system of the elephant. She died of grief and pain; also suffered as she could not save her unborn baby.
I was shocked and cried to hear such an insane act. The thought which came to my mind was how anybody can reach such level of cruelty. There was much news we came across. The animals are creatures which cannot speak and if they trust us, we should also prove our love and loyalty rather make them suffer.
The elephants are the creatures which are most sensible, compassionate, sensitive, and caring ones. They are and had been accompanying human beings from ancestral times. But the race of development is deleting many of our wild animals. Elephants too are at great risk. They should be protected by both government and public effort.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The blood of octopus is blue in color because of protein hemocyanin present in their blood.
Ans. A lizard named Tuatara that is found in New Zealand has three eyes.
Ans. A snail is an animal that can sleep for three years.
Ans. Earthworms are referred as friends of farmers.
Ans. The Green Anaconda is the largest snake in the world.
Ans. Elephants are animals that cannot jump.
Ans. Chihuahua is the smallest breed of dog in the world.