Politics is like playing a game, as in-game there are many players or teams but the winner is one. In the same way, different political parties contest in an election and the winning party is the ruling party. It is necessary for the formation of the Governing body in the nation and its working. The Indian political system functions according to the constitution. Corruption, greed, poverty, illiteracy has been deteriorating Indian Politics.
Indian Politics - Short and Long Essay
Brief information about Indian Politics is provided in the form of a long essay which will be helpful to the students of classes 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and university students.
Short Essay on Indian Politics (250 words)
Government, its formation, and smooth working are the most important things in democratic nations. It can only be possible by politics. Politics has a major role in the formation and smooth functioning of the government. Politics can be referred to as the system of governance that is essential for making people abide by the rules and laws in the nation.
India is stated as the largest democracy in the world. There is a parliamentary type of government in India where the powers are vested in the Prime minister and the President is the nominal head of the state. Indian politics comprises the ruling party as well as the opposition party. In other words, it can be said that Indian politics represents the people of India. The politicians representing the different political parties come from the common people of India. They are elected by the process of elections.
Polity System in India
There is a dual polity system in India. It consists of central government and state governments. They have to work according to the Indian constitution. The powers and limitations of the central and state government are well defined in the constitution of India. The Supreme Court is the supreme authority of the judicial system in India.
Weakening of Indian Politics
The excessive corruption, greed, injustice, and hatred have given a bad name to Indian politics. At present, there are more than 100 political parties in existence in India. Most of the politicians have forgotten their duty towards the nation and people and are involved in doing corrupt politics. They use power and wealth to win the elections. In this way, Indian politics and democracy is weakened and deteriorated.
There have been great leaders in Indian politics who have served the nation in past. The fate of Indian politics can only be changed if the people of the nation become aware of their powers and rights. The right decision of the people can help in bringing the revolution into Indian politics.
Long Essay on Indian Politics and Politicians (600 Words)
Indian politics is related to the attaining or transfer of power from one political party to another after elections. The successful formation of government is possible due to Indian politics. The government helps in the proper functioning and development of the country. Indian National Congress won the first general election in 1951 after Independence and ruled for many years. It was succeeded by different ruling parties till 2014 when Bhartiya Janta Party became the ruling party by majority after winning the elections of 2014 and 2019.
Parliamentary Form of Government in India
India is a secular democratic country. There is the existence of a parliamentary form of government in India. In this type of government, the real head of the country becomes Prime Minister with whom all the powers are vested. The president is called the nominal head of the country.
The people of the country are free to select the representative of their choice. Every citizen of the country above 18 years of age has the right to vote. The government is formed for a period of five years.
Political Parties in Indian Politics
India has become a democratic nation after its independence from British rule. Democracy is related to the concept of government to be formed by the choice of people. Political parties are groups that are formed by the different sections and regions. Numerous political parties were formed after independence. The parties are designated as National and State political parties.
It is essential for a political party either national or State to have a symbol as a sign of their party. Symbols for the political parties are necessary as people can easily recognize the party and can vote properly. The political parties need to be registered with the Election Commission of India. The different political parties make people aware of the different programs and policies. They also tell about the achievements made by their party in the ruling period by arranging rallies and campaigns in order to ask for votes.
The different political parties in the Indian Political system are Bharatiya Janata Party, Congress Party, Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Samaj Party, Aam Aadmi Party, etc.
Negative Phase of Indian Politics
There are a lot of problems existing in Indian politics. They need to be ended for the betterment and development of the nation.
- The most important factor which is weakening Indian politics is corruption. The process of paying bribes for the completion of wrong deeds but presented in the right manner. There is a lot of corruption in government jobs. Every year most of the recruitments are done on the basis of depositing excessive money to the politicians. This is darkening the future of bright students and the country too. The politicians also bribe people to get their votes.
- The politicians before the election are so polite and shower a bundle of promises and policies. The scenario changes after they win the election. They do not care about people and the problems faced by them. They are busy in money-making and exercising the power for their own benefit.
- The right person could never win the elections because of the already existing powerful politicians. They win the election by applying different tactics. They distribute money and alcohol to the public. The poor people are in need of money therefore they are easily trapped in fake promises of such politicians.
- The politicians of the ruling party never want to lose power and control. They continuously spread fake rumours, talk rubbish about them, and bribe media to spread false information. This way false information spread in the public, paving the way for the existing party to win again.
- Most of the political parties are having insufficient youth participation. There are leaders of old age and they are still in power serving the public. The reality is that they could not walk properly neither could read nor see in an efficient manner. The parties are carrying these personalities because of their personal interest. These people must be replaced by young leaders with a lot of potentials.
Indian politics is a mixture of good, bad, and worst experiences. The people are granted power in a democratic country to form the government of their choice. This choice must be made in a rational way so that the development of the nation would be possible in a fair manner.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Politics is termed a set of activities that are necessary for governing the nation or state. It is the exercise of power.
Ans. India is a democratic nation with a parliamentary form of government. The president is the nominal head and real powers are vested in Prime Minister.
Ans. There are 545 seats in Lok Sabha and 250 seats in Rajya Sabha.
Ans. The Rajya Sabha consists of 250 members, 238 representing the states and union territories while 12 members are nominated by the President of India.
Ans. Politicians after winning the election misuse the power and make a lot of money and develop businesses instead of fulfilling the demands of people and solving their issues.