Youth is the structural and functional framework of the nation. Every nation’s pillar of success is its younger generation and its achievements. The future of the nation lies in the all-around development of youth. Hence youth plays a supreme role in nation-building. Some essays on this topic may help you to understand it better.
Short and Long Essays on Role of Youth in Nation Building
Essay 1 (250 Words) - Youth: as Hope of Nation
Youth comprises that sphere of the societies, who are yet the developing buds and are fate changers for a nation. It is the stage between childhood and becoming an adult. Every individual passes by this period of life. If utilized properly then this phase is really an exciting one, filled with a surplus desire to do something new.
Youth: as Hope of Nation
The people living in a country are responsible for the development and progress of the nation itself. Out of the total population in any of the nation, 20-30% is constituted of the youth. The working people and especially young people decide the progress of any of the nations. The progress of the nation is decided by several measures, i.e. development in science, technology, health, management, and others. To excel in all these criteria is only possible by youth empowerment on social, educational, and economical grounds.
The youth must be directed in a positive direction to get success in all these spheres. The focus on the development and training for youth must be taken into account. There is a need for proper education and skill development of the youth so that they can prosper in the right direction. Youth is full of potential and enthusiasm to work and heed towards success.
The youth of today is going to shape tomorrow’s status of the nation and therefore the power and potential of youth must be fully utilized by providing them with sufficient opportunities. The second but most important factor is empowering youth, as there are various challenges faced by them.
Essay 2 (400 Words) - Role of Youth in Nation Building: Power of Youth
As fuel is responsible for producing an ignition spark in the engine; the same way the youth is for the nation. It acts as a driving force of the nation. The all-round development and future of the nation depend upon the power and potential of the people residing over there and major contribution owes to the youth of that nation.
Any nation is accounted for its progress and development made in terms of technologies, researches, science, medicine, i.e. economic, social, political, and cultural. The same is marked when the youth is sincerely giving by putting up with their efforts. India accounts for having the largest number of youngsters, which if, nurtured well and put their effort in the right direction would make this nation excel in the whole world.
Power of Youth
It can be observed from our historical times that youth has been involved actively in bringing up several changes, development, prosperity, and respect for our nation. The main motive is to train them in a positive direction. There are many of the organizations working in the upliftment of the younger generation as they only grew up to be the nation builders. The poor and developing countries are still lagging on the proper development and learning of the youth.
Every individual as a child, dreams of becoming something in their lives, in other words, we can say have some objective. The child completes up the education and obtains some skills to achieve something. Therefore it is a positive attitude of that individual towards the progress of the nation.
- Youth is filled up with immense capabilities.
- They are full of potential, enthusiasm, and great working capacity.
- Some of the students are blessed with the growth mindset type, which is a great way of attaining better ideas from a basic concept.
- Youth have quick learning, creativity, skills. They have the power to bring transformation in our society and nation.
- Youth is set up with that spark, which can make anything happen.
- There are many negative beliefs and acts carried on in society. Youth has the capability of changing the same and bringing up the concept of gender and social equality.
- Youth can be serving as a role model for others by doing works on several issues prevailing in the society.
Youth are blessed up with greater potential along with the capability of making a nation to progress in each and every aspect. The main focus should be made on making youth work in the right direction with a positive approach.
Essay 3 (600 Words) - Role of Youth in Nation Building and Challenges Faced by Youth
A beautiful saying of Nelson Mandela that, “Youth of today are leaders of tomorrow” is true and applicable in each and every aspect. The youth lays the foundation of development for any of the nations. Youth is that stage in the life of an individual, filled up with several capabilities and potential of learning along with performing.
Role of Youth
- The youth is filled up with mind talents and creativity. If they raise their voice on any issue, are successful in bringing the transformation.
- Youth are considered to be the voice of the nation. The youths are like raw material or resources to the nation. The way they are shaped, they are likely to emerge in the same manner.
- Different opportunities and empowering youth procedures must be adopted by the nation, which will enable the youth to make career-oriented in various streams and fields.
- Youths are aimless, confused, and directionless, and therefore are subject to guidance and support so that, they can be smart enough to pave their own path to success.
- Youth are always facing several failures in their life and each and every time it appears as if there is a complete end, but again rises with a fresh attitude for exploring with some new goal.
Major Problems/Challenges Faced by Youth in India
The number of youths in India is almost the highest among all the countries, therefore there must be proper planning and decision making for their proper development and success. But unfortunately, the youth in the country is tackled up with several problems which are listed below:
- Many of the youngsters are not provided with quality education; even many do not have visited schools due to poverty and unemployment, and illiterate guardians. It must be ensured that every child gets a chance to visit the school and further gain higher education.
- There should be a focus on girl education, as there are many parts in the country where girl child is not meant for going to school and studying, deprived of education. But the youth constitute both boys and girls. How can an overall development take place when one section of society is neglected?
- Most of the youth have been pulled up in the wrong direction; they must be prevented from destroying their life and career.
- There is a lack of skill in many of the youth, and therefore the government should focus on implementing some skill and training programs for youth so that they may further be benefitted from one or the other opportunities.
- In India more than 90% of people are residing in villages, therefore do not have proper access to all the facilities of education and opportunities.
- The problem of the financial crisis and social inequality faced by some youth.
- There are many children born with talent but due to insufficient resources, they could not excel further with their talents. Many of them have to work for earning money because of family requirements, but they do not have a love for the work they are doing.
- The problem of unemployment is the utmost problem faced by youth.
Development of Youth Leading Towards Nation Building
As it has been discussed earlier, the problems faced by youth. They are not having proper access to education. Some are unprivileged, while some of them due to lack of guidance is directed to the wrong pathway.
There are some children with inborn talent, but due to resource scarcity or no proper training, they lose their hope and talent too. Thus, it must be ensured that each and every child is provided with the facility of education. Training and skill development programs must be carried on. Youth must be provided with several opportunities. They must equally participate in decision-making processes and political affairs. Many employment schemes must run to provide work to skilled groups.
Youth is that period of life that enhances with power and feeling to do anything for self. Youth have a different perspective for any of the opinions and situations. Youth’s positivity and craziness towards any aspect lead to several research and inventions. Therefore it can be stated that youth are the future of our nation. They are playing a major role in the progress and development of the nation. When the madness in youth is over with the onset of understanding and maturity, it is the sign of the ending of youthfulness.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. Youth is filled up with immense potential and can make anything happen and therefore called as power of the nation.
Ans. The people of the age group 15-29 are considered as the youth in India.
Ans. India is the country with the largest youth population in the world.
Ans. YOUTH stands for young, outgoing, united, truthful, and humble.