We all are well aware of the word Homework. Every day we spend three to four hours at home after school hours completing our homework. It is like a great tension in our minds until it gets completed. Parents are also involved fully or partially with children in getting their homework completed. Some students love doing homework and many others hate getting homework. If we talk about the opinion of students and parents on this topic we find a great variation in their opinions. I think it is an important and interesting topic to be discussed.
Short and Long Essay on Is Homework Necessary in English
I will be enlightening you with the details of the topic in form of a short and long essay and hope it might be helpful for students in getting an idea of writing an essay on this topic.
10 Lines Essay on Is Homework Necessary (100 - 120 Words)
1) Students hate homework but they are an integral part of our education.
2) Homework is important to make students study at home.
3) It helps students to revise what they have learned in school.
4) It is good for increasing the thinking and learning ability of students.
5) Homework is given for practice and practice is necessary for learning.
6) Through homework, a teacher can evaluate the performance of students.
7) Homework helps you to memorize things for a longer time.
8) It generates time management skills among the students.
9) Students can suffer mental stress and pressurized due to over workload.
10) Overburdening students with homework can restrict their participation in other activities.
Homework is the Way to Practice and more Learning - Short Essay (300 Words)
Homework is essential work for the students in school life. Every day students get some work like learning the question answers, filling the worksheets; complete the exercises, etc. as the homework of the day. Homework is appreciated by some students while many of them do not love doing homework.
Excessive Homework is not Beneficial for Students
Homework is necessary for the students as it aids in learning. It enhances the problem-solving and thinking skills of the students. Moreover, it helps the students in doing the regular revision of the things taught in the classroom. The most important thing is that the homework given to the students should not be too much. An excessive amount of homework given to the students causes frustration and stress in the students.
Smart Homework - The Way of making Homework Interesting for Students
Mostly the students do not like doing homework as it appears as a burden to them. This basically depends upon the type of homework given to the students. The homework becomes really boring if they are lengthy. The interest and efficiency of doing homework in students are increased if the homework is converted into smart homework. The act of adding creativity to the homework makes the homework to be interesting for the students. They will love to do the work instead of escaping from doing the homework.
Homework in Covid-19 Pandemic
The mode of education has shifted from offline to online mode during the Covid-19 pandemic. Everything is to be done from home only. Earlier the students used to go to schools for attending classes and completed their homework at home. At present, it is very dull and boring to attend online classes and then do homework after finishing classes.
Yes, homework is necessary for students because it gives us the opportunity for more practice, thus more learning. The introduction of technology and creativity has helped in making homework interesting as well as easy for the students.
Is Homework Necessary for Students - Long Essay (1000 Words)
Student life is a life full of struggles. We have no option other than to work hard to get a good score. Homework is also an essential activity in every student’s life. It is given to the students by their teachers after every school day is over. We know that every one of us is not interested in doing homework. We need to discuss and know that what is the need for homework and are they really important for students?
What is Homework?
Homework is the task given to the students that have to be done after school hours. It basically requires time depending upon the quantity of work given and the number of subjects. It can be in form of written exercises, projects, assignments, etc. The completion of this task of students also involves the time and help of their parents. It is a good way of learning and should not be taken as a burden.
Need of Homework
It has been rightly said that ‘Practice makes a man perfect’. In the same way, homework also leads us towards success. Nothing is possible without firm determination and incessant effort. The things we learn in school remains in our mind for a short period of time. Whatever we learn in class if it is not practiced daily will easily be washed off from our minds. In order to remember all the facts and get good scores in exams, we need to revise the things that are taught during school hours. Homework is the best method of getting through the topic taught in the class, understand and remind it well. Homework can be said as a practice that a student has to do daily after school hours and surely it will lead to success if done in the right way.
Pros and Cons of Homework
Students are assigned a pile of tasks to be completed at home and bring it the very next day. It requires the involvement of time and effort of the students to complete their homework. Let’s see some points about positive and negative aspects of homework given to students.
- Revision of whatever Studied - It is the best way of revising whatever is taught in the class. It may happen that we do not understand the chapter well during the class hours but while doing our homework we understand the topic. Revision of the taught points helps in memorizing them well.
- Good Practice for Examination - It is wiser to study easily every day rather than learning it as a whole in one day. When we complete our homework we get an opportunity to go through the taught topics daily once again. This makes us understand well and remind most of our chapters timely. It relieves us of the burden during exams. We get rid of the fear of studying all during the examination. It also helps us in getting good scores in exams.
- Enhances our Understanding Power - Getting homework daily and completing it makes us go through the taught topics more than one time. Homework involves both reading and writing skills in completing the tasks assigned. In this way, we can understand the topic in a much better way thus it helps in getting the clear concept of the chapters.
- Help Teachers in Evaluating Students - The teacher can evaluate student's performances by giving them assignments, projects, raising questions, quizzes, etc. These all are different forms of homework. In this way, they get to know about the students, their capabilities, and how much they know about whatever is taught and what they have learned. They also get to know about the families of the students by giving them assignments related to the family.
- Learns Time Management - Homework helps in the progress of the students. It makes a student analyze their time and manage it in a better way. They have to manage their time to complete the homework, play games, spend time with family and get a sound sleep. In this way, they learn how to manage their time in an effective way.
- Enhance Cognitive Skills - Homework helps in improving the thinking, memorizing, and problem-solving skills of the students and also makes them responsible.
- Excessive Homework Pressure - Excessive homework are equivalent to a burden on students as it hinders the overall growth of the students. A student might have a lot of stress because of lengthy homework and thus the health will be adversely affected.
- Hinders the Time for Other Activities - Too much homework will not provide sufficient time to students for other activities. The students should be provided a little homework that can be completed in less time and easy to be done.
A Smart Way of giving Homework
- Good and Easy Homework - The students must be given creative and easy homework as they would enjoy completing it. Homework given to the students must not be too difficult and also not much easy. It should be filled with curiosity and involve the use of multiple intelligences and learning methods.
- Homework on Alternate Days - It is not necessary that everyday homework must be given to the students. Teachers can give homework on alternate days. This will reduce the work pressure and students will be taking more interest in completing the given task.
Is Homework Necessary for Students?
Homework is the best way to initiate the habit of self-study in us. Whatever we learn in our classes is not sufficient for us but requires few hours of self-study for understanding that matter. Initially, we hate homework but realize its value as we grow up and reach higher classes. It fosters our communication with our parents and teachers as they are helping us in completing and correcting our homework. I must say that in my opinion homework is essential for every student. The basic issue lies in excessive homework that becomes a burden for students and thus must be optimized.
There are many advantages of homework for students in comparison to the disadvantages. The homework should be less that can be completed fast. Excessive homework requires a lot of time. It is not healthy to work and study all time.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. An American educational reformer and politician Horace Mann invented the concept of homework.
Ans. Homework makes the students responsible and capable of working independently.
Ans. Finland is the nation where students do not get homework.
Ans. Regular studies without any physical activities give a lot of stress that leads to depression in students.