A process of exchanging information with the help of any medium like speaking, writing, sign language, etc. is communication. It has developed us so much that today we can easily exchange our thoughts and knowledge with people across the world.
Short and Long Essays on Importance of Communication in English
Find some essays describing the importance of communication:
Importance of Communication Essay 10 Lines (100 – 150 Words)
1) Sharing our thoughts, emotions, or feelings with others is termed as communication.
2) We can communicate by reading, writing, or speaking.
3) Communication can help us to connect with each other.
4) Good communication skill improves our personality.
5) Through communication we can understand the thoughts of other people.
6) Communication is important to maintain coordination.
7) Different languages help us to communicate.
8) Good communication is important to boost your confidence level.
9) Facial expression, gesture, sign language, etc play an important role in communicating.
10) Today social media is the most common and effective way to communicate.
Essay 1 (250 Words) – Importance of Communication
All of us share our day to day life experience through a medium; it can be thought our expression, our gesture, our way of speaking, etc. all these are different ways of communication. I can simply state communication as a medium for sharing our thoughts from one person to another.
There are different types of people in this world and some of them are good at writing whereas some of them are good at speaking. Those who can speak well like to express their thoughts verbally; whereas those who are good at writing like to share their thoughts in a written way. Normally people prefer talking in their day-to-day life.
Why Communication is Important?
We cannot live alone without any help, somewhere in life we need certain things and we need a medium to express and it is the way of communication. Communication is a process to let others know our thoughts. Suppose if speaking would only be the medium to communicate then how the dumb person would communicate. It means it includes speaking, reading, writing, etc.
Any medium like messaging, audio, video, etc. are different means of communication. All of them are important and helps us in different ways. It is useful in many ways, we gain knowledge, we get entertained, our education, etc. all are possible just because of communication.
I can say that we cannot imagine life without communication. It is helpful in various ways and day by day new discoveries like the internet, mobile phone, etc. have made it more convenient. Today we can know what’s going on around the world just on a single click.
Essay 2 (400 Words) – Communication: A Way of Self-Expression
Expressing ourselves is an art and some of us like to use their verbal power whereas some like to express themselves non-verbally. A small child doesn’t know how to ask for food or other needs, he simply cries but his parents always understand and fulfill his needs. How was it possible for a child to communicate when he does not even know any language? Actually, communication is a way of expressing ourselves.
How can we Communicate
There are different mediums of communication and one of the most important ones is verbal, by speaking. Most of us fulfill our needs by talking or telling. The medium through which one can easily understand your thoughts is one of your best mediums of communication. I have discussed different ways of communication below;
- Our Gesture: Our gesture speaks a lot about us and we don’t have to explain either we need a certain thing or not. So, the gesture is also one of the common ways to express yourself.
- Facial Expression: Have you ever seen your face when you taste a lemon? Actually, you don’t have to say anything; your expression speaks a lot about you. Our expression can easily tell what we are thinking and is another best way of communication.
- Using Symbols: All of us use different chatting apps where we text others, we use certain signs and emojis which tells the reader what we want to say. It is quite popular these days and all of us use it.
- Sign language: God has not gifted all of us with speaking and listening abilities. There are some who can’t speak so, for them there is a special language developed called sign language. It is a different language in which people speak with the help of different signs.
- Videos: We watch different movies, TV shows, etc. and get entertained and this is another medium of communication. The video maker delivers his thoughts or a message through his video and we understand that.
- Music: Music is something the language of our heart; sometimes we feel that as if the lyrics have been written for us because we understand it and really enjoy it. It is so powerful medium of communication that sometimes we feel sad and also happy according to the lyrics.
- Writing: Many of us are very good at writing and you would have read many poets, they write so nicely that it touches our hearts. Sometimes when we read a novel we feel as if the author is talking to us, things seem so lively. It is an art and another way of communication
Communication helps the world to know one another. There are different mediums of communication and it depends on us, which medium we choose. All over I can say that we should be experts in at least on the ways of communication because it will help us in many ways in personal development.
Essay 3 (500 – 600 Words) – What is Communication, Its Types and Importance
All of us need a medium to express our thoughts as well as our needs and this medium has been termed as communication. We talk, take pictures, share our thoughts and all these things are different modes of communication. Really communication is a very important medium.
What is Communication?
The word communication has been derived from a Latin word and its real meaning was ‘to share’. A process through which we share our thoughts, ideas, etc is termed as communication. Some basic skills of communication are listening, writing, and speaking. All of these together justify the term communication.
Different Mediums of Communication
There are different mediums of communication but some of them are the main like Verbal, Non-verbal.
- Verbal Communication: Where you will conversate verbally, you need a language to communicate. It can be done orally or in a written way like through personal talks, addressing a group of people, messaging, etc.
- Non-Verbal Communication: A communication where you don’t need to speak or utter a word some of its examples are: Communicating through expressions, with simple eye contact, body language, touch, gesture, etc. are some of the most common mediums of non-verbal communication.
Importance of Communication
The way we need food to live similarly communication is also an integral part of life. We can’t expect a life without talking to anyone or in other words, we cannot expect life in which we cannot share things.
- Transfers Knowledge: It helps us to learn new things whenever someone invents something new, they inform others and the world gets familiar with the new thing. How this got possible? Through communication, they informed everyone and we also learned about the new thing. Not only this, but students also go to school, where teachers explain them and give them knowledge just with the help of communication. So, I can say that communication helps us to gain knowledge.
- Helps us to Coordinate: It is not possible to work with others without communicating. It helps us to coordinate; otherwise, the same team members will do the task in different ways. Communication is very important for coordination. A team needs a guild line and it is possible through coordination.
- Boosts your Relationship: Communication is one of the best ways to strengthen your bond with your loved ones, either it is your mother, teacher, beloved, etc. An effective way of talking can really make our bonds strong and those relations survive for a long time.
- Develops Confidence: A person with good communication skills is also confident, it helps people to express their views clearly. Reading increases knowledge and also affects our speaking skills. Generally, leaders have a very good speaking ability and it also increases their confidence.
- Entertains Us: What you generally do when you are bored? You prefer watching TV or listen to music. Sometimes we also go to watch a movie. All of these are different forms of entertainment. This shows that communication is also necessary for entertainment. Apart from this nowadays we like watching comedy shows and they are the best example of people with good communication skills.
All of us communicate and we enjoy this process, either we have to read or talk to our dear ones. We learn a lot through this medium and it also entertains us. It is a word with lots of meaning. Those who can’t talk can also communicate throw their facial expression or in a written way.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. The initiation of communication was in 3500 BC.
Ans. It is derived from the Latin word ‘communicare’ that means sharing.
Ans. The drawings and cave paintings are regarded as the oldest form of communication.
Ans. Alexander Graham Bell is regarded as the father of modern communication.