Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat is a scheme launched by the Government of India to promote unity among the inhabitants of the states and Union Territories of India. Under the scheme, pairs of states and UTs are made, to exchange cultural programs for a period of one year. For the following year, new pairs are made.
Short and Long Essay on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat in English
Here I’m presenting short and long essays on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat under various words limit to make them useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 in English in 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 500 words.. So, just go through and get your best one:
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Essay 10 Lines (100 - 150 Words)
1) Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat is a scheme launched by PM Narendra Modi on 31 October 2015.
2) This scheme aimed to unite the people of states and union territories.
3) It was launched on the occasion of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s 140th birth anniversary.
4) Under this scheme, a state and a Union Territory are paired every year.
5) This scheme also helps in promoting national integration and mutual learning.
6) This scheme is launched with the motive to understand each other’s cultural values.
7) A one-year cultural exchange program is established between the paired states and UTs.
8) After pairing, the states and UTs will sign a MoU (memorandum of understanding).
9) Different cultural activities are organized in both the involved places.
10) A special theme drives the events under this scheme.
Essay 1 (250 Words) - Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat: A Tribute to Sardar Patel
On the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31st October 2015, the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, announced ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Scheme’.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat – A Tribute to Sardar Patel
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was the first Deputy Prime Minister of India who also served as the Home Minister of the union of India post-independence. His role in the national integration of India during and after the India-Pakistan division is unprecedented. He personally oversaw the division of boundaries and assets between India and Pakistan.
He played a vital role in convincing the 565 princely states to concede to the Union of India. This exceptional feat earned Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel the sobriquet –“Iron man of India”. The India of today – people from different cultural and religious origins, united under one flag and one nation; is due to the vision and labor of Sardar Patel. Therefore, on his birthday the Prime Minister announced “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” to pay tribute to the Iron man of India.
Objectives of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
The main objective of the scheme is to promote national integration among the people of different states and Union Territories, by holding mutual cultural exchange programs from time to time.
It also seeks to foster a sense of unity among the people by making them understand each other’s cultural and literary values. It also aims to promote an atmosphere of mutual learning between the states and UTs.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat is an ambitious scheme that seeks to further strengthen the existing unity among diverse cultural and religious groups of India.
Essay 2 (400 Words) - Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat: A Nationwide Scheme
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat is a nationwide scheme announced by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, on the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31st October 2015.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat – In Brief
The scheme was incorporated to promote cultural integration between Indian states and Union Territories (UTs). India is a diverse country and every state/UT has its own culture, language, cuisine, etc. To make the inhabitants of these states/UTs better understand each other’s cultural values and to bridge the differences; the scheme was introduced.
The scheme mandates pairing of a state with UT or another state for a tenure of one year, during which they mutually organize cultural exchange programs. States/UTs paired, sign a MoU, enlisting the events and programs to be held over one year. The venue of these programs is located in both the involved states/UTs.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Themes
The events/programs under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat are organized around some specific themes. The most significant themes on which the program is based is detailed below-
- To celebrate the cultural unity of India by making different communities across the states and UTs, interact with each other. When people exchange literature, cuisine, dance forms, movies and all, they further strengthen the innate bonds of brotherhood across the geographical and cultural divide.
- To make the people aware of the varied topography of India and different cultures that it entails. Also, to bring upon them the realization that the India of future would be more progressive, only if the citizens stay united, diminishing the cultural and geographical divide between them.
- To promote a kind of cultural connection between the Indian people and to impress upon them its necessity for nation-building. The more people interact in culture-based programs, the more they get versed with each other’s literature and culture.
- To infuse a sense of responsibility in the citizens, towards the nation its cultural integration. This cross-cultural connection between the people of different states and UTs will improve their social behavior and increase their interdependence on several spheres.
The scheme Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat is a significant scheme keeping in mind the cultural diversity of India and unity among its people. Regular exchange of programs based on culture and ethnicity, will make the people aware towards each other’s cultural values and further strengthen the bonds of brotherhood and also the concept of a united India, as a whole.
Essay 3 (500 - 600 Words) - Vision of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat is a nationwide cultural program launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 31st October 2015. It was also the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, India’s first deputy Prime Minister who also served as the Home Minister during India’s political integration.
Vision of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
India’s cultural diversity is exceptionally unique and one of its own kind. Every state and Union Territory in India has its own unique culture, practices, and rituals. They differ from each other widely in cuisine, language, religious practices, dance forms, social and religious beliefs, customary practices, ethic wear and all. The beauty of India is that, despite all the differences, the people stay united through a fabric of national integration.
Keeping in view this cultural integration among the people of India, and also to strengthen it further; the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi had announced “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Yojana”. The basic idea is to promote cultural exchange between the denizens of states and UTs to make them familiar with each other’s culture and practices.
The scheme has 11 participating ministries including, the Department of Higher Education, Department of School Education and Literacy, Department of Sports and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting among others.
States/UTs Mutual Engagements
The Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Scheme incorporates the pairing of a state/UT with another state/UT for a period of one year. During this one year, the respective states/UTs will carry out mutually planned programs and events based on language, cuisine, literature, festival, etc.
The main idea is to make the people of respective states/UTs understand mutual cultural values and also to bridge the differences that exist. Under the scheme, every state and UT has to be engaged with another over a period of time. States and UTs sign MoUs (Memorandum of Understanding) in this regard, enlisting all the programs/events that would be held over a period of one year.
For example, in 2017 the state of Andhra Pradesh was paired with Punjab. During which the Punjabis learnt Telugu language and vice versa. Also, a number of events were organized in which the denizens of the states learned about cuisine, practices, tourism, etc. of each other. Telugu people also held an event based on Punjabi food and exquisite cuisine. Similar events on several themes were held in both states. Many literally books in both the languages, Telugu and Punjabi were translated mutually.
Engagements for 2020
The following is the list of states/UTs paired till June 2020 under the scheme Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh are paired with the southern state of Tamil Nadu.
- Punjab with Andhra Pradesh.
- Haryana with Telangana.
- Himachal Pradesh with Kerala.
- Uttarakhand with Karnataka.
- Rajasthan with Assam.
- Gujarat with Chhattisgarh.
- Maharashtra with Odisha.
- Goa (UT) with Jharkhand.
- Delhi with Sikkim.
- Madhya Pradesh with Manipur and Nagaland.
- Uttar Pradesh with Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya.
- Bihar with Tripura and Mizoram.
- Chandigarh with Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- Puducherry with Daman and Diu.
- Lakshadweep with Andaman and Nicobar.
Ministry of Human Resource Development has been designated as the Nodal Ministry to co-ordinate mutual engagements between the above-mentioned states and UTs. A new pairing of states/UTs will come into force from July 2020.
The scheme ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ celebrates the cultural diversity of India as well as the unity among the denizens of its states and Union Territories. The scheme will prove very effective in bridging the cultural-based differences among the communities and bring them closer to each other as never before.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
Ans. "Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat" initiative was started in 2015.
Ans. It was launched on 31 October 2015 on 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Ans. This programme was launched by our honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Ans. The motive of this programme is to strengthen Unity despite cultural diversity.
Ans. It will help people in understanding the culture and tradition of different states in the nation and thus will promote unity.