Draupadi Murmu is a former Governor of Jharkhand belonging to the tribal community. Now, she is the 1st tribal and 2nd woman President of India. She will take oath on 25th July and take charge as the 15th President of India.
India has a democratic government. Here, the ruling leaders are chosen by the people of the country. After every five years, an election takes place for selecting new leaders. However, people can choose the existing leader again through their precious votes. In similar cases, the president of India also holds a service tenure of five years. In India, the last presidential election was held in 2017. After five years, again the election was held in 18 July 2022. One of the candidates for this top post, Draupadi Murmu has won the election. Here you will find complete information about Draupadi Murmu.
Short and Long Draupadi Murmu Essay in English
Here, I’m presenting long and short essays on 15th Indian President Draupadi Murmu under different word limits. This topic is useful for every people who want to know Draupadi Murmu in detail. However, this topic is also important for students preparing for various competitive exams.
Draupadi Murmu Essay 10 Lines (100 - 150 Words)
1) Draupadi Murmu is current President of India.
2) She hails from the Santhal community in Baidaposi village of Mayurbhanj, Orissa.
3) On Friday 20 June 1958, she was born in the house of Biranchi Narayan Tudu.
4) She joined BJP in 1997 and entered politics as a councilor in Rairangpur, Orissa.
5) She served Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) by holding many prestigious positions.
6) From 2015 to 2021, she served as 9th governor of Jharkhand.
7) Draupadi Murmu holds a good political image and experience.
8) In 2022 16th presidential election, her name was highlighted by the BJP-led NDA (National Democratic Alliance).
9) Draupadi Murmu is the first tribal President and second woman President of India from the East. She will take oath on 25th July as 15th President.
10) Draupadi Murmu was also awarded Nilkantha Award by the Legislative Assembly of Orissa for being the best MLA.
Short Essay on Draupadi Murmu (200 - 250 Words)
Draupadi Murmu is an active tribal politician hailing from a remote location of Orissa. On 20 June 1958, she was born in the Baidaposi village of Mayurbhanj (Orissa). Her father Biranchi Narayan Tudu was the village headman. Being born in the Santhal community of a tribal family, Draupadi Murmu faced many hardships and struggles.
She was an assistant teacher before entering politics in 1997. She also served as BJP’s Vice-president of Scheduled Tribes Morcha. Serving twice as MLA of Rairangpur, she was elected as the 9th Governor of Jharkhand from 2015 to 2021. Draupadi Murmu is also renowned for being the best MLA by the prestigious Nilkantha Award by the Orissa Legislative Assembly. Despite several personal tragedies like the death of her husband and then two grown-up sons, she was always dedicated to serving society.
A few years back, when Pranab Mukherjee was all set to leave the Rashtrapati Bhavan, Draupadi Murmu was selected as a possible candidate. Draupadi Murmu holds several important political positions in her career and yet waiting for a new one. Her name was nominated as a candidate for the 2022 presidential election by NDA (National Democratic Alliance) against Yashwant Sinha (All India Trinamool Congress). Earlier to her, no name of a tribal man or woman was nominated for the Presidential post. Now, she is the 15th President of India.
Long Essay on Draupadi Murmu (500 - 600 Words)
Draupadi Murmu is the first tribal woman to be selected as the governor of Jharkhand. She is the first governor of the Jharkhand state to complete a full five-year service term. She is also the first leader from the East to be appointed to the officer post. Being as the new 15th president of India, another ‘first’ is added to her name. She is the second woman president but the first tribal woman president of India.
Draupadi Murmu - Early Life
Belonging to a small village Baidaposi of Mayurbhanj, Orissa, Draupadi Murmu was born on 20 June 1958. Her father, Biranchi Narayan Tudu, and her grandfather served as village headmen under Panchayati Raj. Her schooling was from K.B HS Uparbeda School, Mayurbhanj and later she has done B.A. from Rama Devi Women’s University, Bhubaneswar. She was married to Shyam Charan Murmu and the couple had three children (two sons and one daughter). Draupadi Murmu was an Assistant teacher at Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research, Rairangpur. She suffered depression after losing her husband and two sons.
The Political Appearance of Draupadi Murmu
Draupadi Murmu entered politics in 1997 as a part of the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP). In the same year, she got selected as councilor of Rairangpur, Orissa. She was also chosen as Vice-President of BJP’s Scheduled Tribes Morcha. From 6 March 2000 to 6 August 2002, she served as Minister of Commerce and Transport, and then from 6 August 2002 to 16 May 2004 she held Fisheries and Animal Resource Department.
During the union of BJP (Bhartiya Janata Party) and BJD (Biju Janata Dal), Draupadi Murmu managed to win the election. She was elected twice as MLA from Rajrangpur. Draupadi Murmu was also awarded by the Legislative Assembly of Orissa the Nilkantha Award for being the best MLA. After that Murmu was elected as the 9th Governor of Jharkhand. She served Jharkhand from 2015 to 2021.
In 2022, during the time of the Presidential election, JP Nadda announced Draupadi Murmu as the official candidate from NDA (National Democratic Alliance) for President. The name was decided in the BJP’s parliamentary board meeting against Yashwant Sinha (All India Trinamool Congress). Successfully, she got elected as the 15th Indian President.
Lesser known facts about Draupadi Murmu
There are some hidden facts about the personal life of Draupadi Murmu. This would help you to know her better.
- Murmu lost her first son in 2009 the second in 2013 and her husband in 2014.
- Currently, she lives with her only daughter Itishree Murmu.
- She donated her in-laws' house to a School.
- The school also holds memorials of her husband and two sons.
- In 2016, Murmu announced to donate her eyes after death to Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Ranchi.
- Before entering politics, she worked as an assistant in the irrigation department (Orissa).
- In 1983, to look after children she left her government job.
- In 2017, she was selected as a presidential candidate but lost the election.
- As a president, she is the first president to be born after independence.
- Till 2009, Draupadi Murmu did not have her own house.
- on 21st July 2022 she was elected as the 1st tribal president, 2nd woman president and 15th president of India.
Draupadi Murmu hails from the tribal community and her work for people is really appreciable. Her humble political image helps her to earn respect and fame. Due to her down-to-earth nature and good work, she was selected to serve India in different prestigious positions. In an interview regarding the presidential election, she conferred that she feels delighted as well as surprised for being the 15th Indian President.
I hope the above given essay on Draupadi Murmu - 15th president of India was helpful in understanding different aspects of her life.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Draupadi Murmu
Ans. The 2022 Presidential election was held on 18th July 2022 and the result was declared on 21st July 2022.
Ans. Draupadi Murmu is an active politician whose net worth is approximately $1.5 million in 2021.
Ans. Hemant Soren is the current (2022) CM of Jharkhand.
Ans. Shri Pratibha Patil was the first female President of India served from 2007 to 2012.
Ans. Draupadi Murmu is the current (15th), 1st tribal president and second female President of India.