The quote of Rahul Sankrityayan “Sair Kar Duniya ki Gafil, Zindagani Phir Kaha” is most appropriate for the people who love travelling. Travelling is a great way of attaining happiness. We love going to different places and enjoy the beauty of that scenario along with getting to know that place. What if I say about visiting a hill station? I hope many of us have enjoyed the beauty of various hill stations in India as well as abroad. I am very fond of travelling to different places.
Short and Long Essay on A Visit to a Hill Station in English
I have detailed about my experience of visiting a hill station. I hope these essays will give an idea to students to pen down their experiences in form of an essay.
10 Lines Essay on A Visit to a Hill Station (100-120 Words)
1) My family had planned to visit a hill station during the summer vacation.
2) I along with my family went there by train.
3) We decided to stay a few days in a hotel and enjoy the hill station.
4) The beauty of the route was not less than heaven.
5) The atmosphere of the hill station was very enchanting.
6) The low temperature and cold breeze were very soothing.
7) The fresh air and water were a true satisfaction.
8) The place was crowded, many people came there to enjoy themselves.
9) We enjoyed ourselves a lot and nobody wanted to go back from there.
10) It was an overwhelming experience that I will never forget.
Short Essay – 250 Words
India is blessed with different places having great natural beauty. People love to explore and enjoy these places on vacations with their family and close ones. Hill stations in India are the most visited places during summer vacations. The people get relief from the excessive heat during the summer months by visiting these hill stations. It is the most beautiful way of spending the summer vacations for the children.
Visiting Hill Station – A boon during Summers
The summer season in India starts from April to June. The schools provide a long summer vacation of about two months duration to the students. It is the longest vacation that is provided to the students. The weather condition is extremely hot during these two months. People, therefore, plan to visit any of the hill stations during the summer vacations. The visit to a hill station during summers is a boon for the people. It is because in this way the holidays of students are best utilized and people escape out from the extreme heat of the summers. The visit to hill station makes the holidays for students a happy and beautiful experience of life.
Hill stations are gifted with enormous natural beauty
The hill stations are gifted with great natural beauty. These places make us feel that we are very close to nature. It gives us the feeling that we are in heaven. The air, atmosphere, and water are very fresh over there. Snowfall is very common in the hill stations and therefore people enjoy playing several types of snow games. The temperature in the hill stations is also very less that makes us feels cold. We wish that we would stay there for our whole life and would never come back.
The hills stations are mostly crowded by people during the summer season. The visit to these stations adds a set of beautiful memories to our life.
How Hill Stations are the Places that give us a Closer Essence of Nature – Long Essay
India experiences very hot climatic conditions during the summer season. This summer season lasts for a longer duration. The plan of visiting a hill station during summers is the best way of making our summer holidays meaningful. It gives us great relaxation from the extremity of the heat of summers as well as enjoyment too.
What is meant by a Hill Station?
Hill stations are the cities or towns that are situated at little elevated points as compared to the nearest planes. They are the small forms of illustrating the real nature to us. They enrich us with the real beauty of nature. These places experience colder climatic conditions as they are situated at higher altitude. The hill stations in India are mostly ranging from an altitude of 1000m to 2500m. They are the best tourist spots for the people as they are the reservoir of the god-gifted beauty of nature. People also love to visit these places to get relaxed from the scorching heats of summers in the Plains.
My Experience of Visiting a Hill Station
Every one of us wishes to visit those places that we have only seen in pictures, movies or heard about. I always think that people who are already residing in those areas are most blessed. They are living in those places where we desire to visit. I have travelled to different places but did not get a chance to visit any of the hill stations. Luckily I got a chance last year to visit Mussoorie hill station during my summer holidays with my family. It is a hill station located in Uttrakhand. This trip was the birthday gift of my father to me.
- Beginning of the Trip – We wanted to make our journey memorable and a little longer therefore we choose to travel by train. We boarded our train from Lucknow and it took about 12 hours to reach our desired destination. The train journey was also a beautiful experience for us and a good way of spending quality time with family. After reaching the destination i.e. Dehradun, we were picked up by cab to the way to our already booked resort near the Hill station. We were tired of the long journey so we decided to take a rest for some time. After getting refreshed we made a plan to visit the different places one by one.
- Beautiful Places to Visit in Mussoorie – The weather was very pleasant over there unlike the hot weather conditions in the plains. We had already made a list of places to visit in Mussoorie. The driver of the cab also suggested some places as he was a native of that place. We first decided to visit Sir George Everest’s house. In his name, only Mount Everest has been named. It was a little far from the place where we were staying. All throughout the way I was most pleased to see the greenery. After reaching that place we saw the house of Sir George Everest. This place is a great spot to view the earnest beauty of Doon valley and the Himalayan mountain range.
Later we visited Lal Tibba, the highest point in Mussoorie that gives us the view of Kedarnath and the other mountain ranges by viewing through a telescope. The Camel road is the most interesting form of architecture. It is made like the hump of the camel and is most beautiful and soothing to walk upon. We also visited the Nag Devta Temple in Mussoorie. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Kempty Falls has a beautiful view with water falling from high mountains.
I wished that I would remain there for a longer time but we had to visit other places too. The Mussoorie Lake is a beautiful place to enjoy. We enjoyed the boat ride in the lake and had a close view of the Doon valley from there. I felt everything happening like a dream. Lastly, we visited Dhanaulti that provided us a great view of snow-clad mountains and valleys. I celebrated my birthday at this place only and clicked some memorable pictures.
- The End of the Trip – Lastly, we reached our resort and had a delicious dinner in the restaurant of the resort itself. The balcony view of the resort was wonderful. It was the last day of our trip. Time passed so fast that we could not imagine that how our five days trip has passed. We had the returning train tickets for the morning. We were back to our home place with the beautiful memories of Mussoorie. This was the end of my beautiful trip to Mussoorie.
Are Hill Stations the Places that give us a Closer Essence of Nature?
Hill stations are blessed with great beauty and naturalist scenes of nature. They are places that are very close to nature. Visiting a hill station is about getting an opportunity to observe nature very closely. They are the places that are scarcely populated with very less or no pollution level that gives us the essence of the purity of nature.
I have visited Mussoorie a famous hill station that is located in Uttrakhand and is about 25 km away from Dehradun. The most pleasant weather, greenery, cleanliness, animals, birds, longer trees as if they are talking to the sky, clouds at lower height, Camel road, mall road as a shopping venue, delicious fast-food restaurants, waterfalls, scenes of snow clad mountain peaks, high mountain peaks, Doon valley, etc. make this hill station a great tourist spot.
I was overwhelmed by the beauty of that place. While clicking photographs I could not make sure that what scenes I should capture in my camera and what to left. I loved that place as I could enjoy nature peacefully by listening to the voice of falling water, the chirping of birds, and most important the view of beautiful landscapes. I think the hill stations are paradise on this earth and give us the beautiful essence of nature.
The beauty of that place is still fresh in my mind. It had been one of the most beautiful times that I had spent with my family. The memories of the Mussoorie cheer me from inside. I wish to visit that place again and again in my life.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. We mostly visit hill stations in the summers to get relief from extremely hot weather conditions in the plains.
Ans. Shimla was termed as the summer capital of India since 1860.
Ans. The House of Sir George Everest in Mussoorie is known as Park house.
Ans. The name Mussoorie is derived from an indigenous shrub of that place called Mansur.
Ans. Gun Hill is the second highest point after Lal Tibba in Mussoorie.