Energy obtained from renewable resources (natural resources) is termed as renewable energy.
Today, electricity is everything to us. We can’t imagine a day without it. The addiction to technology makes it almost impossible to live without electricity. We need electricity to carry out our daily activities. But where does electricity come from? Electricity is generated from different sources. One of them is a renewable resource that produces renewable energy. Let’s have a look at this.
Short and Long Renewable Energy Essay in English
Here, I’m providing short and long essays on Renewable Energy. This topic is useful for students of classes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and class 12. However, this topic is also important for everyone to know the importance of renewable energy.
Renewable Energy Essay 10 Lines (100 – 150 Words)
1) Renewable energy is produced from natural sources.
2) Renewable energy is unlimited on the earth.
3) It is a more clean and green form of energy.
4) Energy produced from the sun, wind, water, biomass, etc is considered renewable energy.
5) Generating renewable energy is expensive.
6) This energy can be produced only at a suitable location.
7) Renewable energy is more reliable than other forms of energy.
8) It causes very low or nearly no harm to the environment.
9) Renewable energy will help in saving the limited natural resources.
10) Depending on renewable energy is good for our future.
Short Essay on Renewable Energy (200 – 250 Words)
Renewable energy is produced from the resources that are available in nature. Energy can be easily produced from renewable resources that are available free of cost. We can use renewable energy without the fear of its running out. This energy is also called as ‘green energy’ and ‘clean energy’.
Some renewable energy is solar energy, hydro energy, wind energy, geothermal energy, and biomass energy. Today we are mostly dependent on non-renewable resources like coal, petroleum, etc that will end one day. Also, they are harmful to the environment. Hence, renewable energy is a good alternative for today as well as for tomorrow.
As the name suggests, renewable energy can be easily regenerated. Renewable energy does not produce harmful gases and is hence considered safe for the environment. On seeing the current condition of the environment, renewable energy is the need of an hour.
However, renewable energy does have a black side. Generally, price is the superior reason that restricts the usage of clean energy in the world. It also requires higher maintenance and installation price. Another disadvantage is the location-centric. Not every type of renewable energy is produced everywhere. A particular atmosphere is required to produce renewable energy.
On noticing the consequences of non-renewable energy, indeed, the future can only be safe if we use renewable energy.
Long Essay on Renewable Energy (500 – 600 Words)
Electricity is a secondary form of energy. It is produced from different sources of energy. Energy can be renewable or non-renewable. Renewable energy can be renewed or re-generated easily but the non-renewable resources are limited on the earth. They can’t be generated again. Therefore, renewable energy is much better than non-renewable energy.
Sources of Renewable Energy
There are five major sources responsible for generating renewable energy. They are:
- Solar energy: Sun is the major source of renewable energy that is termed as solar energy. The light and heat of the sun are used to produce energy. Solar cookers, solar panels, or solar cells are used to utilize solar energy. Scientists are also preparing to launch solar-powered cars.
- Wind energy: Wind is also used to produce energy. Windmills run using turbines and generators are constructed to generate wind energy. Wind energy is a good contributor to global energy demand.
- Biomass energy: Wastes from plants and animals are used to produce energy, which we call biomass energy. Biomass is an eco-friendly method of energy production. Different methods are used to produce biomass energy from biofuels.
- Geothermal energy: Geothermal energy is produced from the heat below the earth’s surface. This energy can be used to produce electricity, heat buildings, bathing, etc.
- Hydropower energy: The force of water is used to produce energy and is referred to as hydropower energy. Hydropower is more reliable than other renewable sources. The construction of reservoirs, canals, dams, etc helps to control the flow of water which is later, used to run turbines to produce electricity.
Advantages of Renewable Energy
The primary advantage of renewable energy is that it can be renewed easily. It is the only option that will meet the energy requirement of today as well as tomorrow. Unlike fossil fuels that are limited on the earth, we can use renewable energy for a lifetime. Renewable energy is good for both humans and the environment. Non-renewable energy like fossil fuels causes pollution and environmental hazards like acid rain, global warming, etc. The amount of carbon emissions from renewable energy is much low than those of non-renewable energy.
Therefore, depending on renewable energy will save us from this serious issue. Renewable energy is the most reliable form of energy and we can also say that it is the future of the world’s energy needs.
Disadvantages of Renewable Energy
We all know the importance and benefits of renewable energy but there are some limitations to its usage. The main disadvantage is the cost. The cost of generating energy from renewable resources is very high when compared to that of non-renewable sources. People find burning coal cheaper and easier than installing a solar panel.
Most of the renewable resources depend on natural sources that can be obtained in a particular location. For example, solar energy cannot be fruitful for cold locations or geothermal energy can only be obtained in a location where fast-flowing water resources are available. This limits the use of renewable resources to a great extent. However, they cannot be considered fully safe for living things and the environment. The hydroelectricity project has an adverse effect on aquatic life and the ecosystem.
The increasing population demands an increase in energy consumption. Energy is necessary for home, business, and almost every work. Thanks to innovation and invention that helps in utilizing renewable resources and maintaining a sustainable level of energy in the world.
I hope the above provided essay on renewable energy is easy to understand. We should use energy efficiently to live a healthy and peaceful life.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Renewable Energy
Ans. China, the US, Brazil, Russia, etc countries are the largest producer of hydroelectricity.
Ans. China is the largest consumer of electricity in the world.
Ans. Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu is considered as “Solar City” in India.
Ans. TATA power is the largest renewable energy company in India.