Every individual in this world is born with unique features. We all have a different perspective on everything in this world. Therefore our choices for everything also differ. If we talk about the favorite leader I hope every one of you would be having a name in your mind for your favorite leader. He/she would be the one who inspires you greatly.
Short and Long Essay on My Favourite Leader in English
In the same context, I have provided a long essay describing my favorite leader. You must be familiar with this name. Yes, he is Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri.
10 Lines Essay on My Favourite Leader (100-120 Words)
1) Leaders play a vital role in shaping our life and career.
2) My favorite leader to whom I follow is Lal Bahadur Shastri.
3) Apart from serving as a Rail Minister or Police Minister, he was the second Prime Minister of India.
4) He was born in a simple family but his hard work gave him recognition.
5) His work for the nation and the people of the country makes him my favorite.
6) His simplicity, honesty, and dedication make him a good leader.
7) He played a significant role in the struggle for freedom.
8) Shastri Ji was sent to jail many times but he never lost his determination.
9) He worked hard for the betterment of the poor and Harijans in the country.
10) His slogan “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan” shows his love for the soldiers and farmers.
Short Essay – 250 Words
A leader is someone who can motivate us and help in bringing our best us. He is one who makes us realize and remind us about the goal of our life. When we read about the history of India we study different leaders that had been a reason for bringing surplus changes in the society. There are some leaders whose quality impresses us and this makes that person our favorite leader.
The favorite role of leader in our life
Leaders play a very important role in our life. The leaders have been influencing and motivating people to do different tasks from the initiation of civilization. It is because of the contribution of great leaders that we are living in an independent nation. There would be no growth in any of the nations without the presence of leaders. There is a need for good leaders in different sectors for proper working and success of that sector. They help in uniting people in their views and action to work for a good cause. This has always helped in bringing a positive change in society.
The desire to become like our favorite leader
Every human being on this earth is different from each other and thus there is a difference in their choices too. We all have some or the other leader as our favorite leader. We see the image of our favorite leader in the leader under whose guidance we work or when we ourselves become a leader. It is the qualities of any of the leader that influences us and makes us their follower. The thought of our favorite leader motivates us and brings hope in us when we feel depressed in our lives. We always have a desire to be like our favorite leader and influence others.
India is the birthplace of several great leaders. The thought and actions of these leaders have made them be the favorite leader of many of us.
I hope that this long essay will help you in understanding the way of writing an essay on your favorite leader. It might aid the students in preparing for their competitive exams.
Lal Bahadur Shastri is My Favourite Leader – Long Essay (1200 Words)
The leader is a prominent personality who can inspire us to do something in our life. They are required in every field to motivate others to do their best. It is by their way of working and their words that make us follow them. India is a country that is the birthplace of different shining jewels in form of great leaders in the world. They are inspirational figures for the people of the nation and worldwide.
Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri – A Great Indian Leader
Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri is the name of the great Indian leader who has served our nation as a great political leader, patriot, and second Prime Minister of India in 1964. Shastri Ji also served the nation earlier as Police Minister, Transport Minister, Rail Minister, and Minister of Home affairs. His leadership qualities of firm determination, patience, honesty in words, and action gave him recognition in the whole world. Apart from simplicity, his unique way of finding solutions for different issues was appreciative. Being raised in a common family he was well known for the pain of the common people in our nation.
As an active politician, he made a lot of efforts to uplift the condition of the poor people in our nation. He was also a part of the Indian struggle for independence. The spirit of nationalism arose in Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri from a very early age. He was greatly inspired by Mahatma Gandhi, Annie Besant, and Swami Vivekananda. He was one who gave the slogan – “Jai Jawan Jai Kisan”. He died in Tashkent in Uzbekistan on 11 January 1966. He was also awarded Bharat Ratna in 1966 after his death.
The Early Life of Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri
Every great leader arises from the common people only. It is the qualities and the way of working that makes them popular among all and reaches this position. The great Indian leader Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri was born to Sharada Prasad Srivastava and Ramdulari Devi on 2nd October 1904 in Mughalsarai. His father died when Shastri was very young. This incident made his family shift to Ramnagar in Varanasi at his maternal grandfather’s house. He completed his initial education in Mughalsarai and later shifted to Varanasi and took admission in Harish Chandra High School for completing his schooling. During his schooling only he was inspired by the great leaders of freedom of struggle for Independence. Later he completed his graduation from Kashi Vidyapeeth in Varanasi.
Marriage – Shastri was tied the knot with Lalita Devi of Mirzapur on 16th February 1928. Later they became the parents of six children. They were four sons and two daughters.
Arising of the Spirit of Patriotism
The feeling of patriotism and interest for the freedom of struggle in Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri rose at a very early age during his schooling. He was first inspired by his school teacher and in this way; he started taking interest in the freedom struggle. He was impressed greatly by the thoughts and words of Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda. His spirit for his participation in the Indian struggle for freedom was clearly depicted when he left his school for volunteering in different movements of struggle. He had been sent to jail several times in his life but he never lost his dedication. He became a member of the Servants of the people society that was founded by Lala Lajpat Rai. He under the guidance of Gandhiji also worked for the uplifting of the Harijans in Muzaffarpur.
Contributions of Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri to the Nation
Shastri was a great political leader and his contributions to the nation are difficult to state in words. He spent his whole life serving the entire nation and also helping it to overcome difficult situations. He was the leader of the common people and therefore worked for their betterment. I will be enlisting some great works of this renowned personality that has brought a great change.
- Made India self-reliant in farming – He was the second Prime Minister after Independence. The condition of the nation was not very good at that time. Our nation was dependent upon the other countries for fulfilling the need for food grains as productivity was very low in India. He was the leader who had the courage to make the nation become self-reliant for their food grain production as he fostered the Green revolution in 1965. He encouraged the farmers to increase their labor and thus productivity. This idea worked well and slowly the nation became self-reliant for food grain production.
- Active Participation in Freedom struggle – He has greatly contributed to the freedom struggle for independence. He took part in different movements and therefore was imprisoned several times. He was the great follower of Gandhiji and thus followed him in the struggle for Independence. The freedom of India had been possible due to the efficient leadership of these great leaders that inculcated the spirit of patriotism and made them fight for their rights.
- Fight for Harijans betterment – He was actively involved in the struggle for the betterment of the Harijans. He was guided by Gandhiji. He also removed his surname Srivastava and adopted the title Shastri that he had been honored after completion of his graduation.
- Wise Leadership in Indo-Pak war of 1665 – Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri was the Prime Minister when India was attacked by Pakistan in 1665. He then only gave the slogan of Jai Jawan Jai Kisan. It was a great way of addressing the people of the nation by giving the importance of soldiers and farmers in our nation. This slogan encouraged the soldiers to fight bravely for the nation and as a result, we won this war against Pakistan. It had all been possible due to the firm determination and great leadership of Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri.
Why is Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Exemplar for Everyone?
Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri was a very simple man with honesty, patience, firm determination, and courage as his great qualities. The death of his father made his life difficult but he made his way through all the adversities by facing them bravely as he was clear with his goal. His great leadership qualities made him a great political leader. He was a man of his own words and action in his both personal and political life. He believed in performing rather than boasting like the political leaders do today. He was a grounded leader and served the nation till his death.
He took the charge as a Prime Minister in a very challenging and difficult situation. Despite these challenges, he worked bravely and wisely to make the nation overcome these challenges. He directly communicated with people so that he can approach the problems faced by them. He has shown his eminent leadership qualities many times in the difficult situations of the nation. He also gave the message to people to become self-dependent and brave. This made him a beloved leader of the people.
The life of Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri is a great inspiration for us and future generations. It is not easy to climb the ladders of popularity and success despite hardships and no political background. He is still alive in our souls because of his great deeds and ideas.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. A Leader is one who motivates us to do our best in our lives.
Ans. Integrity, honesty, and state forward are the qualities of a Good Leader.
Ans. Some examples of a good leader are Lal Bahadur Shastri, Mahatma Gandhi, Lala Lajpat Rai, etc.
Ans. Having good communication skills and the ability to treat every person equally are the things that make a leader good.
Ans. We need to be a learner if we want to be a good leader.