Books can be defined as a collection of pages bound together that gives information.
From birth till death, everybody learns. In childhood we learn from our parents, grow up learning from our surroundings, society, and so on. In fact, at every stage of life, we learn something. The learning of a person decides his position, reputation, social status, and life values. In the journey of learning, books play an important role. We are fortunate to have books as close allies and coaches. Today we will discuss books in detail.
Short and Long Books Essay in English
Here, I’m providing short and long essays on Books for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. The language is kept easy to that children can understand this topic easily.
10 Lines Essay on Books (100 - 120 Words)
1) Books are a good source of information and knowledge.
2) Books can be comics, novels, storybooks, biographies, etc.
3) Books keep us away from boredom.
4) We can also collect past information from books.
5) It helps us in personal development.
6) Reading books can enhance our reading, writing, and speaking skills.
7) Books refresh our minds and fill them with positivity.
8) Books are important to boost our intelligence and creativity.
9) Books are a good source of motivation and inspiration.
10) Books give us knowledge that is more precious than everything in the world.
Short Essay on Books (200 - 250 Words)
Books are not only a collection of papers but more than what we imagine. For someone, books are their friends that guide them and help them in choosing the right path. Some people consider books as their motivation. While for some people books are a good source of entertainment.
The history of books lies several years back in the world. As soon as people were able to read and write they find the need to note down important information. Manuscripts show the past glories of kings and queens, and the information and history of the place. The evolution of books started in the 1900s.
Soon we have different types of books, some are meant for information while some are for entertainment. The evolution of books again took place due to technologies. Today we have online books which mean we can read the book on our mobile phones and computers.
Books are cheaper so that anyone can buy them and read them. Interested people even visit the library to read books. Reading books improves our word power and vocabulary. It also generates confidence and helps in personal development. We can collect every type of information from books. There are many categories of books like storybooks, novels, comics, motivational books, biographies, science fiction, etc. Children mainly prefer storybooks and comics.
Long Essay on Books (600 Words)
In terms of literature, Books are the medium where information is stored in form of text and pictures. But in real life, books are more than the collection of pages. They are the store of knowledge. They are powerful tools that can transform our life. Apart from academic books, there are lots of other books to explore that help us to understand the real world more precisely.
Books: Our Real Friend?
We all well know that “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. Does this proverb apply to only living things? No, a friend can be anyone or anything that supports you in need. Books are one of them. Books are our real friends that never leave us in any condition. Books teach us to take correct decisions at the correct time. It also helps us to differentiate between right and wrong. Whether you feel bored or alone you can read books. However, it has the power to change someone’s life completely.
Books are considered a “Kingmaker”, people can become rich from poor with the help of books. Many successful people tell the book as their secret to success. As much as you can read books, it will give you more and more knowledge. Therefore, friendship with books is the best way to achieve success and goals in life.
Different Types of Books
There are several types of books. Some of them are:
- Historical books: The culture and heritage of every country can be found in books. These types of books are known as historical books. They introduce us to the history, kings, myths, etc.
- Comic books: Comic books are the favorite book of children. They are fiction books that usually convey a story with pictures. Some comic books contain superhero stories that are loved by all the children.
- Biography: Many books depict the life story of some famous and successful personalities. They are referred to as Biography.
- Realistic fiction: Realistic fiction represents imaginary stories and incidents that appear true. Realistic fiction like novels and storybooks are good to read.
- Motivational book: There are many books that motivate us and help us in achieving our goals. These books are called motivational books.
Advantages of Reading Books
Books are always considered to be our good friends. Reading books give us plenty of benefits. Books never leave us alone, they are a good source of entertainment. When we feel bored, we can read books. The story or information of the book takes us to another imaginary world. Books are the ocean of knowledge; we should collect as much as we can. Books are the best source from where we can collect information and knowledge about everything.
Reading books help us to boost our vocabulary. We get many new words and their meaning which later help us in enhancing our speaking and writing skills. It gives us the confidence to prove ourselves more effectively. Reading books also helps us to develop good imagination power. As we read, we create a picture of things in our minds. This helps us to visualize things more clearly.
Earlier people only had books to gain knowledge and information. With time everything changed. The technological era brought the internet, due to which students are mainly referring to the internet instead of books. But the benefits of reading books can never be fulfilled by any technology. Therefore, it is important to teach children the habit of reading books from the initial stage.
I hope the above provided essay on Books will be helpful to understand the importance of books to all.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Books
Ans. Some books that are banned in India are The Satanic Verses, Who Killed Gandhi, The True Furqan, Early Islam, etc.
Ans. World Public Library, BookBub, Radish, Smashwords, etc are the places where you can read books online.
Ans. The Bible is considered the most read book in the world.
Ans. On 23 April every year, World Book Day is celebrated.