We always used to refer youths as the future of the nation, but what about their future? Every human wants to live a luxurious and peaceful life. All his dreams can only come true when they will be able to earn a healthy livelihood. Every student wishes to get a high-paying job after their studies. But what if they don’t get jobs? Today, the youth are facing the problem of unemployment. This not only affects youths and their family but the entire nation as a whole.
Short and Long Unemployment Essay in English
To highlight the growing issue of unemployment and its consequences, today we will discuss Unemployment in detail. Here, we are presenting short and long essays on Unemployment in English for students under word limits of 100 - 150 Words, 200 - 250 words, and 500 - 600 words. This topic is useful for students of classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 in English. These provided essays on Unemployment will help you to write effective essays, paragraphs, and speeches on this topic.
Unemployment Essay 10 Lines (100 - 150 Words)
1) Unemployment is when qualified people are looking for work but unable to find it.
2) Unemployment is primarily due to the scarcity of job opportunities.
3) Unemployment is one of the biggest things that keep a country from growing.
4) When there is unemployment in society, people lose their skills.
5) Unemployment is caused by several things that work in different ways.
6) Changes in technology cause people to lose their jobs, which leads to unemployment.
7) The country's industrial sector is growing slowly which can result in unemployment.
8) Unemployment is a big problem in places that haven't developed much yet.
9) A country with a high unemployment rate faces social and economic problems.
10) We need to plan if we want to get rid of unemployment in the country.
Short Essay on Unemployment (200 - 250 Words)
The problem of unemployment is growing drastically. However, it is a bad thing for everyone. Unemployment happens when someone who is actively looking for work can't find a job. However, the unemployed are those people who want to work but can't find work. In almost every country, unemployment has become a big problem.
Unemployment: The Serious Issue
Unemployment is a problem in a lot of places around the world. When people lose their jobs, they lose self-confidence, get angry, and have bad feelings about everyday things. When unemployment is high, people buy fewer goods and services and pay less in taxes. This means that the government has to manage the nation’s expenses. When there are more people out of work, there are more crimes. Unemployment not only affects the people who are out of work, but also the growth of the country as a whole.
Reasons of Unemployment
Several things can be blamed for unemployment. First of all, the status of the education sector is getting down. Students have more theoretical knowledge but lack practical knowledge. An unhealthy work environment is another reason that can lead to unemployment in the end. As technology gets better, more tasks are done by machines instead of people, making it unnecessary to hire people.
Unemployment is a big problem that must be fixed in any way possible. This is a problem that needs to be fixed by the government. Policymakers and people should work together to make more jobs and learn the right skills to get hired. To find effective and integrated solutions to this problem, it is important to study the different things that are causing it.
Long Essay on Unemployment (500 Words)
Our country has a lot of good schools, colleges, and universities. Thousands of students graduate from there every year. Then also, the number of people without jobs is going up every day. Unemployment arises when people who want to work but don't find proper jobs. It doesn't count people who are voluntarily unemployed or who can't look for work because of illness.
Types of Unemployment
There are different kinds of unemployment, including:
- Hidden unemployment: When people are working less than their potential or their skills are unutilized but counted as employed falls in this category.
- Cyclical unemployment: When the overall amount of business activity goes down, this causes cyclical unemployment.
- Seasonal unemployment: It happens in jobs like construction, farming, and the tourist trade, where the weather or the calendar determines the demand for work.
- Long-term unemployment: It occurs when someone has been out of work for a year or more.
- Underemployment: It occurs when a person is overqualified for work or works part-time.
- Hardcore unemployment: Hardcore unemployment is a term for people who have been out of work for a long time.
- Structured unemployment: It happens when there are too many unemployed people for the number of open jobs.
- Frictional unemployment: It happens when there aren't enough people to fill jobs in the same jobs and the same places.
Causes of Unemployment
The first reason for unemployment is the growing population. This is also because of how our education system works. Our schools and colleges focus more on theoretical knowledge than practical training for jobs. Changes in technology are one of the most important reasons why people lose their jobs. Many employees are unhappy with their jobs. When companies treat people differently based on their caste, religion, race, etc, they make it harder for people to work there.
Effects of Unemployment
Having no job means not having a way to make money. Unemployment is a big problem that slows down both individual and national progress. When people can't get enough work to meet their needs, crime rates go up. The number of people who are homeless and who are mentally or physically sick is going up. If you don't have a job for a long time, you get bored and eventually lose your skills.
Unemployment in India
India is a developing country with an economy that isn't as strong as it could be. Unemployment in India is different from unemployment in developed economies. India's unemployment problem is not caused by a lack of effective demand. Instead, it is caused by a lack of capital equipment and other resources, along with a high rate of population growth. India has a bigger problem with underemployment than it does with unemployment.
Unemployment is a big problem for all economies. For a developing economy, both the government and individuals need to take steps to increase productivity and raise the standard of living.
I hope the above provided essay on Unemployment will be helpful in understanding the effects and causes of unemployment in a country.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Unemployment
Ans. The unemployment rate can be defined as the percentage of persons who are actively seeking employment but are unable to find it.
Ans. From April to June 2022, the unemployment rate in urban centers of India was 7.6%.
Ans. Rajasthan is the highest unemployed state in India.
Ans. Maharashtra has the highest employment in India as per 2022 records.