Education does not only mean going to schools and seeking knowledge from books. It is beyond every limit. Education means gaining knowledge beyond books. We are living in an era where we need not go anywhere to learn something. Yes! We can educate ourselves and our children just by sitting at home. This can be achieved through online education. Online education made education reachable to all needy students who are not able to enroll in regional classes.
Short and Long Essay on Online Education in English
Find here 10 lines essay, short essay and long essay on online education in English for students of all classes:
10 Lines Essay on Online Education (100 - 120 Words)
1) The process to acquire education using the internet is known as online education.
2) Internet is the bone of Online Education.
3) The concept of online education existed years back.
4) It saves vulnerable time and money of students.
5) It offers a variety of courses to the students at their homes.
6) It helped to balance both education and safety during the pandemic.
7) However, it can be proved harmful for the health of students.
8) It is difficult to study online in places with bad network connectivity.
9) There are many online platforms available like Coursera, Udemy, Byjus, etc.
10) Features of online education like texts, videos, and animations help students in better understanding.
Short Essay on Online Education (200 – 250 Words)
Today technology has taken every field under its impact and so is the education system. Online education is the modern form of getting education with the help of the internet. It is an exciting and effective way of learning by making use of your mobile phones, laptops, or tablets. It offers lots of advantages as well as disadvantages to both the teachers and students. Online education is a flexible way of learning from anywhere.
Another beneficiary feature is, not time-bound. Unlike the traditional schooling system, you need not sit from morning to noon. You can study using the internet day or night according to your choice. Not only does it offer flexibility from time and place but also there is no age limit to learn online. Through online education, you can learn lessons and skills of your choice. There are several institutions that provide online courses and their degrees. Thus, it is a more convenient way of educating yourself without physically going to the schools or colleges. It also saves your transportation and other additional charges.
However, online education does not work well for people who live in an area with poor internet connectivity. The internet is the backbone of online education. Spending more time in front of screens could have a harmful impact on your health. It is only a good option for people who can generate self-discipline.
Long Essay on Online Education (1000 Words)
Online education refers to the process of education via the internet. Therefore, students can seek knowledge and skills without going anywhere physically. The emergence of new technologies like the internet made it possible for students to attain knowledge from any corner of the Earth. However, there is no time-bound. The online education system is available 24*7 for all the students.
Online education is the modern form of learning which is very different from the traditional way of seeking knowledge. The teacher or mentor uses various means like texts, audios, videos, animations, etc for a better understanding of the students.
History/ Past of Online Education
Online education is not a new concept, it has its roots on the Earth years back. However, the merging of new technologies with this concept would be new.
The first instance of Online Education came from the University of Illinois, the USA in 1960. After that, the internet came into existence and students start using it for studies. In 1984, the University of Toronto registered itself as the first university to offer complete online courses.
In 1994, the first fully only online curriculum was introduced by the CAL Campus. Gradually the system of online education begins to grow in the world.
During the times of the Covid Pandemic, online education became the center of the education system. And we can say that there is no turning point because more and more students are opting for online courses instead of traditional methods of learning.
How Effective Online Education Is?
Online education can be proved beneficial in many ways. Some of the major advantages of online education are as follows:
- Saves Time and Money: The process of gaining an education online saves lots of time and money for students. It saves the transportation charge and traveling time.
- Available to All: Online education is available to all. Students belonging to any place or any age group can study online. This is one of the major advantages for students who are physically impaired. They need not go anywhere physically instead they can get an education from their comfortable place.
- No Time Bound: Online education offers great flexibility to the students. Students can seek knowledge anytime. There is no time-bound like that of the traditional method of learning.
- Freedom of Choice: A large variety of courses are available online. Apart from course knowledge, students can learn things like personality development and other activities which are generally difficult to learn offline.
- Apart from the advantages the online education also has some disadvantages. Some of them are listed below:
- Dependency: Online education system is good for students who can study on their own. Students such as kids cannot study online properly without anyone’s help. This type of study requires self-concentration.
- Lack of Resources: Devices such as computers or mobiles along with good internet connectivity are required for online education. People without computers or areas with network issues cannot study online.
- Detachment from Society: Sitting for a long time in front of the screen may be injurious to health. It also affects the physical development of the students. Not going to school will detach them from their friends and society.
Online Education Vs Offline Education
The online or modern education system is different from the offline or traditional education system in many ways.
- Time Management: The schedule of offline education is fixed whereas online education provides you ease to choose time according to your requirement.
- Cost-Effective: Online education is way cheaper than that offline education. The traditional education system is surrounded by many expenses like transportation charges. Students need proper uniforms and various other things associated with them.
- Experience: Studying online is a new experience for students but it can isolate them from their surroundings. Going to school physically helps in the physical as well as mental development of children. They enjoy the company of their teachers and friends.
- Choice: In online education, students are free to choose their topic according to their will. They can also watch it several times for better understanding. In offline education, students do not get any option.
- Knowledge Beyond Books: In offline education students meet physically. They develop other etiquettes like discipline, good behavior, and other related skills. These skills are not generated during offline education.
Online Education During Covid Pandemic
The term online education becomes very popular during the times of the Covid pandemic. The advantages offered by online education helped it to win the heart of students and their parents during this critical time.
The rise in the spread of the Coronavirus had led to the shutdown of all the schools and universities. This affected the studies of the students. During this time, online education serves as a vaccine in the field of education.
The revolution in the field of education was proved fruitful for all the students. Many schools scheduled online classes for kids. The trend of online schooling was adopted by many schools to engage the children with studies rather than wasting time.
Online education was proved helpful for both teachers and students to carry out their job without affecting their safety.
Online Education Platforms
There are various online learning platforms and applications which can be useful for both teachers and students. Some are available free of cost whereas some can charge money. Various courses are offered online. Students can learn from different experts and professionals. Some famous education platforms that are available online are as follows:
- EdApp: It is an award-winning education platform that offers software that can work well with mobile phones. It offers various ready-to-learn courses for the users.
- Google Classroom: The Google Classroom is another platform that can be a good choice for school and college students. It provides some additional functionalities which include google docs, calculation sheets, etc.
- Udemy: Udemy is another very popular online learning platform that provides various tools for the content creator. It offers a wide variety of about 150,000 courses. However, the subscription charge of Udemy is quite small as compared to other platforms.
- Coursera: The Coursera learning platform offers various certification courses. Students can learn university-level courses from experts of different universities. The courses are available in many languages like English, Spanish, German, Arabic, French, etc.
- Masterclass: Masterclass is another famous platform that is different from other learning platforms. It offers various courses in different fields. One can learn acting, singing, cooking, writing, etc from the world’s best professionals.
Online education provides the user virtual experience of studying. However, online education is more preferred for higher educations. Many students apply for online courses whereas many opt for offline classes.
Today, on noticing the role played by online education it is very clear that the future of the education system will surely be driven by the online system. But the complete transformation of the traditional systems into online systems will lead to many problems.
Therefore, adopting the advantages of both systems will be fruitful for the students.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions on Online Education
Ans. Online learning follows a school learning format and provides students more campus-like feel. Students have a formal or informal interactions with the teachers as well as their peers. But in distance learning, there is no interaction with teachers or classmates.
Ans. The City Montessori School, Lucknow also holds Guinness World Record for holding about 56,000 students and 4,500 staff, considered the world’s largest school.
Ans. B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad is considered the first open university in India.
Ans. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is considered the world’s largest university with about 3.5 million students enrollment.